ZIMBABWE: Elephant Hunt With Nyamazana Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports Africa' started by mrpoindexter, May 26, 2017.

1. buck wild

buck wild SILVER SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI Brush Country Chapter
    Hunted:
    Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
    I thought about it, but at 17 animals, each averaging $8- thought I might buy another dall sheep raffle ticket instead :LOL:

dtarin09 likes this.

2. dtarin09

dtarin09 AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI ; Rowland Ward
    Hunted:
    United States ; South Africa
    Your a good friend with a servant heart;)

dt

3. Powdermaker

Powdermaker AH Senior Member

Hunted:
    Canada , Namibia, South Africa, Germany.
    If you feel that you got what you paid for, then us readers back home got a real bargain....this was the best hunt I've "never " been on! Congratulations.

4. Thomas P

Thomas P New Member

I just finished this thread and your report, both exhausted and exhilarated from the read, and I am now looking forward to Zim. I have a friend who guides there and who has been trying to lure me there for several years. I've resisted, especially after seeing videos/reading about folks who eat breakfast, shoot an animal, have lunch, pick another trophy off through their telescope and from a rest on the back of a Toyota, take tea and then kill a cat that is about as wild as my mother's cat in Seattle. Your report clarifies what my friend has been trying to describe to me (he is not a native English speaker) as "natural hunting" --not "shooting". Now I understand. He tells me if I go elephant hunting with him we'll have "maybe an 80% chance," not like "a 1,000% chance to shoot a rhino on a farm" in RSA. The pleasure of providing a village a month's worth of protein should be trophy enough for any man. I congratulate you on your success and I hope to emulate you next March when my friend assures me we will hunt "a BIG, big elephant -- you know what I mean? 'BIG big'."