AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Getting the Eland in the last hour on the last day says excitement to me!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Wheels, I suppose I could say I had a successful hunt, but I didn't get the Eland I was after. The very fact of being out there for four days tracking them, finding some unsuitable ones and then finding a suitable one just as it was going over the boundary is just what hunting is. Funnily enough the rain came at a bad time for me - just before I arrived - thus meaning there was plenty water in puddles in the bush so the animals didn't have to come to the water holes. You've got to laugh!!
I saw a Porcupine, which I'd never seen before, a lioness bounding up the road ahead of us and a good male lion which obligingly stood not too far away and let us watch him. Oh, and coming out on the last day up the track to the main road - 50ks - plenty of Eland!!!

Bummer about the eland. Hope you do a hunting report. Sounds like you had a good time though.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Great attitude towards what was a very special hunt. When you go again and do connect on your trophy there will be few people in the world that will be able to relate to the joy and exhilaration you've worked so hard to make.

When I went trout fishing and failed to raise a fish to a dry fly on the first trip it only made me more determined. The second trip I caught two 8" brown trout on a dry fly and nothing in the world compared to that high. I wouldn't have relished it had it not come hard earned with a prior defeat. We pursue our passions not because success comes easy, but because it is so hard.

I look forward to the report of your sweet success next year on the repeat attempt.

Bobpuckett

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
Hunted
USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
Sounds like you had fun hunting thats why we alway plan to go back. Thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bogdanbnj

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.