ZIMBABWE: Dagga Boy In The Save Valley

drbeech1968

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Just returned from a great trip into the Save Valley Conservancy with Mokore Safaris. Incredible experience with plentiful game, great accommodations, and wonderful food and people. My buddy took an old Dagga boy, along with a few other animals. Look forward to getting back there very soon!

278252A2-F7C9-4BDF-A545-66E2BF7BC2DD.jpeg
5CE83FA2-F9C7-466A-AE04-A5C4C008DBBC.jpeg
77EE98BB-2D9A-4490-8B3D-81F58D6F576B.jpeg
0C55B0BD-B4D4-47D4-9856-C01CBF1788A2.jpeg
9DEEF405-95CB-4846-A306-A92F04B1A5E1.jpeg
F87846A5-4510-4172-8692-C7DCE7CC066D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Great memories, congrats !

Nice - what make is the 505?

Nice Buff indeed, I can't wait - heading there to Mokore in less than 2 weeks... That sure is a special place.
I’ve been to many safari camps in many countries but Mokore was very special. I’m already planning a return trip! Gary and his team are incredible. Best of luck!

Nice Buff indeed, I can't wait - heading there to Mokore in less than 2 weeks... That sure is a special place.
I was fortunate to have dinner one night in camp with Barry Duckworth who started Mokore many years ago. He is a legend in the PH community and has some incredible stories!

I just booked a hunt in the Save for next year. What part of the reserve is Mokore located?

Congrats on a great hunt.

I just booked a hunt in the Save for next year. What part of the reserve is Mokore located?

Congrats on a great hunt.
Thank you. I am already planning a return visit. Mokore is situated pretty much in the middle of the conservancy going North to South.

I am very happy for you and your buddy! Nice buffalo, and nice picture of the rifles resting on it!

Great hunt. Did you get anything with your double. What caliber and make double
Don
I tried to get into position for a shot on a zebra but it didn’t happen. Used the .375 instead. I did take an old bull giraffe at about 85 yards with it. Turns out he had a badly damaged foot from a poachers snare. It is a Chapuis.470 NE. Go Tigers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross