Zimbabwe: Crocodile Attacks, Kills 4-Year-Old Girl

Fred Gunner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
FOUR-YEAR-OLD Pisha Alberto of Nyamhunga suburb in Kariba died Saturday after she was mauled by a crocodile, which reportedly strayed from the lake into a stream that cuts across Nyamhunga 3, Batonga residential suburb.

Pisha’s elder sister, who was strapping the now deceased on her back, was seriously injured in the attack.

The tragic incident occurred when a group of children was crossing the stream when the reptile pounced.

Zimbabwe Parks Authority (ZimParks) spokesperson, Tinashe Farawo confirmed the incident.

“It’s very unfortunate that a 4-year-old child was killed by a crocodile in Kariba late afternoon on Saturday while her sister escaped with serious injuries,” he said.

Farawo added the residents managed to kill the reptile before the arrival of ZimParks rangers. They also managed to retrieve the now deceased’s body.

“It’s unfortunate it is another life lost in such circumstances. We are encouraging communities to treat every water body with caution, especially during this rainy season (when wild animals stray from their natural habitats).”

I know I've said this before here...If we as hunters are truly sincere about helping the local people then add Crocodile to your list whenever available.

The residents did kill it.

Unfortunate, but the croc was being a crocodile. This is a regular occurrence where I live. Tonga fisherman (fish poachers) stand waist deep in water day and night with their dip nets. Women do their laundry along the banks, men women and children bathe in the water. The people do their thing and the crocs do theirs. Whenever this happens the croc (or a croc) will pay the price.

Not sure how a crocodile "strays" from its natural habitat when this is a stream joined to the lake.....

Give a man a fish he eats for a day...shoot the Crocodile that eats the mans fish he eats for a life time and his daughter goes to school.

Crocs are good for the ecology of rivers and are actually good for fish numbers....its the people over fishing that is the problem...they use everything from mosquito nets sown together..(biggest one we seized was about 70 metres long...usually about the 50 metre mark)....illegal monofilament nets with small holes....and explosives....and as has been said on this thread and other threads on here about similar happenings ...its just crocs doing what comes naturally...cant blame them...people regularly get taken on the river where we are...one fisherman just recently taken out of his canoe...one of our scouts saw it and jumped in a canoe nearby, and actually managed to get next to the croc and killed it with his shotgun...he possibly managed to get that close as found out it was blind in one eye...and he retrieved the body...dont see why people get so anti croc about these things....how it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you