ZIMBABWE: Buffalo & Plains Game Safari with Impala African Safaris

craig rising

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I made my first trip to Africa in June 2012. I had the time of my life. Imet Arnold Payne at the Sportsmans Expo in Phoenix, I talked with him at the showin 2011 and met with him a couple of times before I booked my hunt. After talking with friends who had been to Africa and a few of Arnolds past clients I booked A Cape Buffalo and a plains game safari with IAS. I was alone on this hunt, but as soon as I arrived in Bulawao and was met by my PH Albert and driver Carl I felt like I was with old friends. I lost a day due to my luggage not arriving at the same time I did, with only one flight a day from South Africa we headed to Buffalo camp near Lake Karibe as soon as my suitcase arrived. Camp was wonderful, chef, maid, skinner, PH, and Carl, made every effort to make me comfortable and happy. I spent the next six days chasing buffalo up and down the mountains. I was able to harvest a dugga boy late on the sixth day. It was truly a fantastic hunt and I was delighted to take a record book animal. I was in awe of the professionalism of the whole staff and the knowledge of my PH Albert. He had an answer for every question and I learned more from him in the two weeks that I hunted with him that I thought be possible.
The second part of my adventure was to the Bubiana concesssion. The lodge was great, food fantastic, Cynthia sure can cook. In less than five days I harvested nine trophy quality animals, all by spot and stalk and still hunting. I truly had a trip of a lifetime. Everything Arnold told me was true. I have and will continue to recommend Impala African Safaris to anyone looking for a real African hunting experience.

Sincerely
Craig Rising

Welcome to AH Craig.

Please post some pictures of your hunt.

congratulations on a successfull hunt craig it sounds like you had a drem hunt and made some lifelong friends .its great when your p.h can tell all about the animals and flowers and anwer all your questions as it is a big change from your normal hunting surrounds .well done mate .
love to see some photos of your trophies .
welcome and enjoy the site

Thanks for posting your hunt report! Craig uploaded his trophy photos in AH Photo Gallery, click here to check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross