Zimbabwe bow hunting Elephants

Huntforever

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone been issued a bow hunting license for elephant the past couple years? My understanding it's legal on private land or tribal land. I've heard the Parks still have to issue the archery permit for elephant and their not doing that anymore.

A member of my SCI chapter tried to obtain one in 2018 but was unsuccessful at that time. I do not have any more recent data.

I made a call to National Parks 2 days ago and asked the question. The reply that I received was that they are processing archery permits for Elephant, Lion & Leopard. Keep in mind they did not say that they were actually issuing them.

Sorry that is the best I can do, but I will try to find out more.

Cheers, Lon

I have a couple questions. Only elephant, Buffalo and Hippo fall under Class A for archery gear. So, do you only need a special archery permit the above Animals?

I guess I'm a little fuzzy on what's on the special archery permit vs hunting lic vs TR2 form. Lol

Does every aniaml you plan to take need to be on the special archery permit? Or hunting lic or both.

I have 2 questions

1. Only elephant, Buffalo and Hippo fall under Class A for archery gear. So, do you only need a special archery permit the above Animals?

2. Does every aniaml you plan to take need to be on the special archery permit? Or hunting lic or both.

Would LOVE it if we could get some clarification on this. I really do need to redo my elephant since I was denied a bow permit last time I was in Zim. I would like to do a Leopard/Elephant combo hunt and get my Big 5 wrapped up, aside from the rhino which is currently impossible to get a permit for with a bow.

I guess you did not read the post that I provided earlier. As stated I entered the post after contacting Z.N.P.. I suggest you contact ZNP or your outfitter.

Would LOVE it if we could get some clarification on this. I really do need to redo my elephant since I was denied a bow permit last time I was in Zim. I would like to do a Leopard/Elephant combo hunt and get my Big 5 wrapped up, aside from the rhino which is currently impossible to get a permit for with a bow.
ot

You can hunt elephant in Zambia with the bow. I've been talking to Strang Middleton about this exact thing

I did contact my outfitter. Still waiting to hear back.

I guess you did not read the post that I provided earlier. As stated I entered the post after contacting Z.N.P.. I suggest you contact ZNP or your outfitter.

ot
I read your post and it stated you had contacted the parks department and they said they were processing the permits. Just curious if you had heard back.

The recent post with my questions are not related to your response.

These are my 2 biggest questions and just related to how the archery lic works.

1. Only elephant, Buffalo and Hippo fall under Class A for archery gear. So, do you only need a special archery permit the above Animals?

2. Does every aniaml you plan to take need to be on the special archery permit? Or hunting lic or both.

Dangerous game requires a $1500 archery license, PG the (?) $200 license. Ele cannot be taken in Zim but can in Zambia.

Has there been any new updates on archery permits being issued for elephant?

I know we all have our dreams but after what I've been through with DG I would be very careful about this decision. Wishing you the best.
Philip

I've been hunting dangerous game with my bow years but thanks for the concern.

Back to my original question. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg