Zimbabwe bow hunting Elephants

Huntforever

AH senior member
Reaction score
Has anyone been issued a bow hunting license for elephant the past couple years? My understanding it's legal on private land or tribal land. I've heard the Parks still have to issue the archery permit for elephant and their not doing that anymore.

Brandon.Gleason

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
A member of my SCI chapter tried to obtain one in 2018 but was unsuccessful at that time. I do not have any more recent data.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I made a call to National Parks 2 days ago and asked the question. The reply that I received was that they are processing archery permits for Elephant, Lion & Leopard. Keep in mind they did not say that they were actually issuing them.

Sorry that is the best I can do, but I will try to find out more.

Cheers, Lon

Huntforever

AH senior member
Reaction score
I have a couple questions. Only elephant, Buffalo and Hippo fall under Class A for archery gear. So, do you only need a special archery permit the above Animals?

I guess I'm a little fuzzy on what's on the special archery permit vs hunting lic vs TR2 form. Lol

Huntforever

AH senior member
Reaction score
Does every aniaml you plan to take need to be on the special archery permit? Or hunting lic or both.

Huntforever

AH senior member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions

1. Only elephant, Buffalo and Hippo fall under Class A for archery gear. So, do you only need a special archery permit the above Animals?

2. Does every aniaml you plan to take need to be on the special archery permit? Or hunting lic or both.

mrpoindexter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, NFAA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
Would LOVE it if we could get some clarification on this. I really do need to redo my elephant since I was denied a bow permit last time I was in Zim. I would like to do a Leopard/Elephant combo hunt and get my Big 5 wrapped up, aside from the rhino which is currently impossible to get a permit for with a bow.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I guess you did not read the post that I provided earlier. As stated I entered the post after contacting Z.N.P.. I suggest you contact ZNP or your outfitter.

Would LOVE it if we could get some clarification on this. I really do need to redo my elephant since I was denied a bow permit last time I was in Zim. I would like to do a Leopard/Elephant combo hunt and get my Big 5 wrapped up, aside from the rhino which is currently impossible to get a permit for with a bow.
ot

Mtn_Infantry

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (x3), Namibia
You can hunt elephant in Zambia with the bow. I've been talking to Strang Middleton about this exact thing

mrpoindexter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, NFAA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
I did contact my outfitter. Still waiting to hear back.

Huntforever

AH senior member
Reaction score
I guess you did not read the post that I provided earlier. As stated I entered the post after contacting Z.N.P.. I suggest you contact ZNP or your outfitter.

ot
I read your post and it stated you had contacted the parks department and they said they were processing the permits. Just curious if you had heard back.

The recent post with my questions are not related to your response.

Huntforever

AH senior member
Reaction score
These are my 2 biggest questions and just related to how the archery lic works.

1. Only elephant, Buffalo and Hippo fall under Class A for archery gear. So, do you only need a special archery permit the above Animals?

2. Does every aniaml you plan to take need to be on the special archery permit? Or hunting lic or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerald5M

Latest profile posts

Wayne Johnson wrote on Angelo_orygun's profile.
I already have a die.My shipping address is; and your email is for F&F, Thanks
[redacted]
timfts wrote on Esoteric Junkie's profile.
is Randall still avail.
Roberto Mervicini wrote on krish's profile.
Hello Krish, a member told me that maybe you could help. I am making a 470 Capsticklooking to buy a chamber reamer, reloading die and need some info in regard to loading a 500 grain bullet .475 hard cast gas check to start, have : IMR 4350, 4831, 3031, h1000, RETUMBO and N150.
If you could help i appreciate,
Best Regards, Thanks Roberto
Got this old guy this year in Mafikeng on the plains with a long shot at 300ms he measured just over 19.5 inch
blesbuck.jpg