Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, Colt collectors association
Hunted
Zimbabwe
This report i going to have to be short and sweet as I'm very busy with honey do's and wanted to get this out before it was to old and this is the first time posting a hunting report. Having caught the African hunting bug last year with a plains game hunt I decided to once again return to Zimbabwe this year with a dangerous game hunt for Buffalo. The hunt was once again booked with Wayne Van den Burgh with @Nyamazana Safaris August 1st through the 15th. Wayne is one of the nicest guys you can meet and in my opinion is very trust worthy.
The hunt occurred near Beitbridge in the Mwenezi area some of the thorniest hunting areas I have ever hunted. Using a Lawn and Alder 450-400 3 1/4" NE we had to get fairly close as the Buffalo in this area were not cooperating and would run off when we would get near. I must say that Wayne was also using a 450-400 3 1/4" NE to back me up. After 5 days of trying to walk softly through the bush we finally connected with a nice specimen. I shot twice and Wayne once. The Bull ran about 20yds collapsed and did the death growl I have herd so much about. After the Bull was recovered and on the way back to camp a very nice Nyala just happened to present its self. Everyone was telling me to SHOOT as it was a very nice bull, so I did. I just don't know what I'm going to tell my wife next year when the crate comes.
IMG_3997.JPG
IMG_3893.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Two very nice trophies. Congratulations.

Congrats on your hunt and thanks for sharing! Agree two very nice ones!

Beautiful animals!

Yes, you needed to take that Nyala! Two very nice trophies, congratulations!!

Congrats, very nice trophies !

Very fine trophies! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Two great trophies! Thanks for sharing!!

You did well sir! Congrats!

Congratulations!

WOW! Very nice indeed.

Very nice, you should be proud of both trophies. Thanks for taking the time to write the report.

Glad you shot the Nyala! Also not sure how you hide that from the wife, but it is beautiful!

Great story and great trophies. You could hunt a long time and not see a truly wild Nyala like the one you shot. Your wife will understand

A couple beers a bit of thought and you were forced to shoot a really nice nyala because it was charging the truck and would have left you stranded and having to walk at least a 100 miles back to camp.

No way you could pass up that Nyala. Beautiful animal. Just be truthful with your wife. After the buffalo as you were driving back to camp this spectacular Nyala asked for a ride to camp. I mean it would of been rude to of said no........ I mean he really did ask for it. You of course are never rude and always help whenever possible. Nice trophies. Congrats Bruce

I always had a honey-do list when I returned home from hunting. I figured it was a conspiracy, to get even with me for going hunting.

Two great trophies and just tell the little lady the Nyala was about to charge and you had to protect the trackers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg