Zebra Pictures

My zeb from central Zimbabwe, he was a large stallion, made a fine ottoman

1C57CDA6-167F-4ADA-9771-5B161B3E6C15.jpeg
29454414-1CB8-49E5-953A-EEDFA359BA0C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great Kevin. Giving me some ideas with future skins. I hope to bag two zebra in June.

Ditto, when I hunted with Pieter, we were on land adjoining Etosha. We were separated by the double fence. That is where I took the two Hartmanns Zebra. For the Burchells/Chapmans, depending on who you talk to, it was taken just a few miles SW of Dordabis.

Last edited:
I have shot a few & thought there was only like 3 types, Mountain - Plains & Grevy's Zebra (I would love to get a Grevy's)

Here is my Mt Zebra, note rock under him to stop him rolling down MT more .

Mt Zebra 2012-.JPG

This is a Zimbabwean Stallion I shot in the head with the 30/06 near Gwai River .

Zim Stalion 30-06.jpg

This is one of a couple I shot in Limpopo SA to save a Race Horse from being Lion food with the .458Win (he turned out to be still a winner so good save) .

Lion Food Zebra .jpg

Not my pic but what is this one ?

Tanz Zebra, what type  .jpg

This is a strange bugger ?

Spotted Zebra-.jpg

On my April 2021 trip, I needed a Zebra rug to replace a 35 year old bear rug in the library. Each time Zebra we’re spotted, they were 800 yards out and running! Finally got a 265 yard shot on the herd Stallion. I definitely enjoyed the chase immensely. Dropped at the shot.

I am currently hunting in Namibia.

Attached are some photos of the Hartmann’s Mountain Zebra stallion that I shot yesterday morning.

My PH pointed out the following physical differences from the Burchell’s Zebra that I shot in South Africa in 2019 (photo appears in post #51 of this message thread).

• The mountain zebra’s body size is smaller
  • The mountain zebra’s face has a yellowish tinge
  • The mountain zebra has larger ears
  • The mountain zebra has a dewlap on its throat
  • The mountain zebra has solid stripes (no shadow stripes that are on Burchell’s zebras)
  • The mountain zebra’s stripes don’t join on its stomach
  • The mountain zebra’s stripes go all the way to its hooves
  • The mountain zebra’s hooves are smaller
  • The mountain zebra has a grid-like pattern (others refer to it as “pine tree pattern”) on its rump
I am thoroughly enjoying being back in Africa!

--Lem

Hartmann's Mountain Zebra - Getaway Kalahari Safaris - 03-10-2022.jpg
Mountain Zebra Face.jpeg
Mountain Zebra Belly.jpg
Mountain Zebra Hooves.jpeg

I apologize, this last picture of the mountain zebra's rump did not attach to the message above.

Cheers!!!
--Lem

Mountain Zebra Rump.gif

All zebra are beautiful. I particularly like the brown colouring on some hides, is that a species or a young one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!