Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1317.JPG
Here is the culmination of an idea several years in the planning. In June 2018 I bagged a couple of zebra with Pawprint Safaris. A bit before that I had acquired these Scandinavian 50's furniture pieces.
Here they are, together at last.

Very nice looking! My parents had Danish Modern couch and chairs just like that!
That looks much nicer than my parents! I may need to get some more zebras and try that.
Is everything leather that isn’t the zebra skin?

I have a bunch of backskin's and hoping to do this, look's great

Very cool, looks good!

They look really good. Good idea.

Fantastic!! Great result!

Very nice looking! My parents had Danish Modern couch and chairs just like that!
That looks much nicer than my parents! I may need to get some more zebras and try that.
Is everything leather that isn’t the zebra skin?
I wish I could say it was. I screwed up there. I have a few moose hides tanned I could have used, but didn't. I had to make some fast decisions: the upholster who had taken on the work a couple of weeks before with the idea it would take months to get to, had a bad diagnosis. He was going to close shop by today. So I got talked into using a high quality vinyl (brown) which matched the zebra well. Didn't regret it till I picked it up a few days ago. Then I thought: " Damn! I could have used those moose hides!"

It looks great! Nicely done

I wish I could say it was. I screwed up there. I have a few moose hides tanned I could have used, but didn't. I had to make some fast decisions: the upholster who had taken on the work a couple of weeks before with the idea it would take months to get to, had a bad diagnosis. He was going to close shop by today. So I got talked into using a high quality vinyl (brown) which matched the zebra well. Didn't regret it till I picked it up a few days ago. Then I thought: " Damn! I could have used those moose hides!"
In the photos it could easily be leather. But moose leather from one you took would have been awesome!
Next!

That is a much better idea than just throwing the hides on the floor. Looks great.

I like it.

Nice and cleverly lined up to match

Looks great Sir!

Very nice! Wish I had room in my place to do the same...

Wouldn't these hides get ruined super quick from constant use? Especially if these chairs are somewhere where there's gonna be a lot of people. I can't imagine how many farts these would store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg