Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I thought I'd look into a request for information on Zambia and see if I could find an answer.

Went to the ZAWA site and found the site a little confused.

I was shocked by one of the images on the site.

ZAWA - Zambia Wildlife Authority

Can you ID the newest African Antelope Species?

Attachments

• LuangwaAntelope_zpsdb4af388.jpg
    LuangwaAntelope_zpsdb4af388.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 7.15.03 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 7.15.03 AM.jpg
    595.4 KB · Views: 171
So much corruption going that someone doesn't recognize the antelope from NA on the website?

even l can recognize her .....

What the hell were they thinking??
:doh2:

I can see a headline coming already,

.... New species discovered in Luangwa, thought to have migrated from North America to Luangwa seeking refuge from hunters worldwide... ban on cat hunting increases population of lions... culling of lions essential to protect new species...

On the other hand, I wonder if it will be on residents quota next year ;)

If anyone heard the ministers speach in Vegas at the SCI show then you will clearly hear her say that should scientific research and game counts not take place in Zambia then there would be no "lions, Leopards and Tigers" to talk about!! Nope i'm not shitting you, its on you tube for anyone that's interested.

If you think that was bad, i just returned from a safari in petauke west at Munyamadzi Game Ranch Luangwa. Lovely property with plenty game and the Ph was telling me of an incident at ZAWA where he applied for quota and instead of giving him the 3 roan that he had asked for they wrote a letter to him saying they would not give him the roan but gave him 3 sable instead!! Everybody in Zambia knows that there have never been any sable in Luangwa Valley and are only found in Kafue. When he confronted them about the issue they were adamant there was sable there and said that he should take it or leave it! What a farce!

No more tiger's for sale... damn, pity about that.

Were you with Thor at Munyamadzi?
It is a nice place that, hoping to take a trip down there sometime next year once things here are all settled.

Yes i was. We hunted two buffalo in 6 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
i will have to apply to zawa to buy some for the reserve :laughing: now i wonder how much we can charge hunters from the usa to hunt this newly discovered african species??? :thinking::tongue::laughing:

Sounds good.
I saw the post, I think through a facebook link that he sent me.
Looks like you had a good time.
there were 2 of you right? christening a new 600??
how did you like it?

hi pete, thats right there was two of us, i'm the guy with the beard. It was really hard hunting, we walked close to 15kms everyday in 40 degree plus heat. We both shot a lovely bulls. Its hard hunting that type of terrain and i last hunted that area back in 2001 when it was almost depleted. It is nice to have the opportunity to go back there and see what a lovely job Thor has done there and have the privelege to hunt successfully once again. That 600 was really a canon on the buffalo. I have never seen anything die so quick. My brother is a big double rifle fan and he owns quite a few in range of calibres. He likes getting right up close and using the iron sights and Thor did a lovely job and managed to get us close on a number of occasions. All in all taking 2 buffalo in six days in an upcoming game ranch is difficult, but we were a good team who managed to fulfill our ambitions.

i will have to apply to zawa to buy some for the reserve :laughing: now i wonder how much we can charge hunters from the usa to hunt this newly discovered african species??? :thinking::tongue::laughing:

I think that's a good idea... :p

maybe a bit of cross breeding on the side to see what happens?

ha ha,
sounds good!!
lets see if anyone else can come up with a name?

The biggest mistake anyone can make , when dealing with Africa on any issue what so ever , is to bank on common sense.

It appears the phrase "Zambia Wildlife Authority" has become an oxymoron.

ZAWA seems to have 'poached' that animal picture from the Jarret Rifles website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,