Zastava Mauser Left Hand 35 Whelen

gbflyer

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Purchased the new receiver from an individual. Barrel is a stainless Wilson 12 twist, looks like about a 4 contour. The stock is a Boyd’s laminate inlet by them for the receiver. It is nicely bedded, which was painstaking due to the crude inlet. The rifle was chambered with a custom reamer with a .180 throat to allow for getting near the lands at the short magazine length of the Mauser. It really likes the 225gr Sierra BT which is all I have fired in it with the exception of a handful of 310gr Woodleigh which it is no slouch with either. It will be sold with mounts, rings and scope are not included. I am selling because it is a duplicate that I don’t use. I am not an FFL but can arrange for one to ship if necessary. Shipping USPS from Alaska is probably $100 or so. $1300. Includes a short chambered 30-06 barrel I got with the receiver, I believe it is CM and sold by Brownells.
IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

Last edited:
Purchased the new receiver from an individual. Barrel is a stainless Wilson 12 twist, looks like about a 4 contour. The stock is a Boyd’s laminate inlet by them for the receiver. It is nicely bedded, which was painstaking due to the crude inlet. The rifle was chambered with a custom reamer with a .180 throat to allow for getting near the lands at the short magazine length of the Mauser. It really likes the 225gr Sierra BT which is all I have fired in it with the exception of a handful of 310gr Woodleigh which it is no slouch with either. It will be sold with mounts, rings and scope are not included. I am selling because it is a duplicate that I don’t use. I am not an FFL but can arrange for one to ship if necessary. Shipping USPS from Alaska is probably $100 or so. $1300. Includes a short chambered 30-06 barrel I got with the receiver, I believe it is CM and sold by Brownells. View attachment 453681
View attachment 453682
View attachment 453683
@gbflyer
Absolutely beautiful
What loads were you using for the gamekings and the 310s.
Bob

PM me the details of price and shipping and I will take a look. I'm a lefty and only buy left handed rifles unless they are for my son's (both righties).

Thanks............L

PM me the details of price and shipping and I will take a look. I'm a lefty and only buy left handed rifles unless they are for my son's (both righties).

Thanks............L
@BigFan375
You will not be disappointed with a 35 Whelen. Loaded up to its FULL Potential it is an amazing cartridge capable of taking big game out to any sensible range. There's no flies on a 225gn 35 cal projectile at 2,900fps or a 250 at 2,900fps or if needed you can get up up over 2,400 fps with the big 310s.
Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I love Alaska. I hunted bear on Kodiak and Dall Sheep, near Talketna in 1980. Worked the slope in the 70's as an oilfield service hand.

Can you do a little research for me and check what the shipping would be to 81201 Zip? I have a local gun store that can accept it and do the paper.

Also, how much are you asking? Do you have dies and brass also? I reload so they would be a great addition to the deal.

thanks.......Lee

Bob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I love Alaska. I hunted bear on Kodiak and Dall Sheep, near Talketna in 1980. Worked the slope in the 70's as an oilfield service hand.

Can you do a little research for me and check what the shipping would be to 81201 Zip? I have a local gun store that can accept it and do the paper.

Also, how much are you asking? Do you have dies and brass also? I reload so they would be a great addition to the deal.

thanks.......Lee
@BigFan375
Don't forget to get a few pounds of hogdon CFE223 to reload with. It makes the 225s and the 250s move well.

Thanks............L

Don’t really have much more to add than stated above. I don’t sell many guns so I’m not sure how you’d need it shipped. We get the us mail here mostly. I am not a FFL, there is one locally who can ship. I suspect it’s $100 at least.

Well, I know you as a non FFL holder can mail (USPS) a firearm to an FFL holder that can do the transfer paperwork. Just needs to be sent with tracking information. So the only way to know how much shipping will be is for you to tell me what city/village you live in and I will look it up. Or you can ask your FFL holder to look it up. Shipping will go to me in the 81201 Zip. That happens to be Salida, Colorado.

Are you going to sell your dies and brass also? If so how much. I see you are including a 30-06 barrel which I assume is the original. With that, the $1300, plus shipping, you are asking seems fair. But I really need the dies and brass along with the rifle. Once we nail down shipping with a tracking number, I can Zelle you the money. If you can receive that. PayPal may want to take a big chunk if they can so be sure and identify our transaction as 'personal', not 'business'.

So, what do you think?

I guess you got busy or decided to not sell. Just in case you are still interested, reply. Otherwise, all the best and good luck in the future.

Sorry, don’t check the site every day. Looks like ~$100 would cover it, I’m getting around $93-$95 on the cost estimator for us postal. I don’t do Zelle or PayPal, US postal money order is preferred. I have another 35 Whelen so I don’t have plans to sell brass or dies.

You can send me a message if you want. We can work it out there.

Sounds good. Then, I need your address and I can send $1400 via postal money order. Do you have a box? You can ship to me at my local gun store.

I'm not sure about putting personal info (address, email, etc) on this post. I'm not a real techie person and was not sure if Jerome would allow it. Is this the PM section? Or am I missing something?

Where do I click to get to the PM section?

Click on his Avatar then click on---Start a conversation and go from there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!