Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia
Hello fellow safari enthusiasts! I will be hunting in Zambia with Van Noordwyk Safaris and accompanied by good friend and PH Aart Van Den Brink of Limcroma Safaris. The hun starts October 1st through the 14th and barring poor internet, I will try and give you daily updates and photos along the way.

Species I will be hunting this year include but not limited to Lion, Cape, Hippo, Crocodile, Sable, Puku, & Cookson’s Wildebeest.

I will using a matched pair of American Hunting Rifles Custom rifles for this safari chambered in 375 H&H and 505 Gibbs.

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine looking rifles. Two classic chamberings.
Look forward to your postings. Be safe and shoot straight.

Sounds great, look forward to the report. Safe hunting!

Looking forward to your report. I think that guns are awork of art. Thanks for sharing your safari.

Good luck and most certainly, shoot straight.

Best of luck and safe travels!

Great rifles! Looking forward to the report

Good luck, will watch for the report.

Have a great trip. Those are beautiful rifles. I am certain that is LeRoy Barry’s stock work. His style is distinctive. If I am correct, that fleur de lis checkering is by his wife Connie. They do some of the best work I have seen anywhere.

Classic rifles and a great DG hunt planned. have fun and shoot straight!

Excited to read your reports. Especially about the potential lion!!!

Beautiful wood on those rifles. Looking forward to your reports.

Can’t wait to read and see pictures! This is going to be awesome! It sounds like a dream DG hunt. Best of luck and be safe!

Enjoy Zambia. Just a special country for hunting. And the people are some of the most friendly and interesting in all of Africa. On a side trip to Vic Falls, I had a young vendor come up to me and name every US President in order from Washington to Clinton(Sitting President at the time). I couldn’t do it myself. I rewarded his friendliness and sales pitch with the purchase of all his copper bracelets. I am a sucker for folks smarter than me!

Beautiful rifles and like others have said, amazing wood and woodwork.
Good luck on your upcoming safari.

The bolt handles on the rifles don't look like ones I've seen before from AHR and resemble ones from Granite Mountain.
However the action does look to be CZ.
Can you give a few more details about the rifles?

Can't wait to see those beautiful rifles posing with some Zambian big game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg