ZAMBIA: Takeri Safari May 2017

Hi Mark - thanks for the report and it was great having you and Jackie here and looking forward to the next visit!

@patsyzambia
Congratulations on your new status; First Lady PH!

Enjoyed your write up. Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Awesome trip report (even though you didn't take a shot), and cool pictures. Looks like a successful hunt and life-changing experience to me. I can't wait to hunt Zambia next year!

Last edited:
hi - thanj
@patsyzambia
Congratulations on your new status; First Lady PH!
thanks!!! been a great few years studying and gaining more experience and now have been upgraded to full license after passing the interviews with our department of National Parks and Wildlife as well as the exams set by PHAZ - so this year will be out at Royal kafue where i will be getting experience on lion, leopard and buffalo - will keep you updated on how it all goes and some reports of the hunts - cheers patsy

Mark - had to laught at the group photo - had your PH been slightly taller the chances in the long grass could have increased???!!!

What a great adventure! Thank you for sharing and being such a great diplomat for hunters everywhere. I didn't know Zambia was in such bad shape. You are a true humanitarian.

What a great adventure! Thank you for sharing and being such a great diplomat for hunters everywhere. I didn't know Zambia was in such bad shape. You are a true humanitarian.

same as plenty of countries there are great contrasts. lot of countries in a worse state.....couple of lusaka malls
eastpark.jpg

levy junction mall
levy1.png

jewel-of-africa-levy-junction.jpg

renting isnt cheap here ..... and some very nice expensive houses for sale http://www.homenetzambia.com/results/residential/to-let/lusaka/all/

then a compound/shanty town lusaka
DSCN0693.JPG

and mfuwe in the luangwa
village-stores-at-mfuwe-in-south-luangwa-zambia-B5YHWA.jpg

village-housing-at-mfuwe-in-south-luangwa-zambia-B5Y4RD.jpg

Attachments

• eastpark.jpg
    eastpark.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 136
  • levy1.png
    levy1.png
    750.3 KB · Views: 216
  • jewel-of-africa-levy-junction.jpg
    jewel-of-africa-levy-junction.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0693.JPG
    DSCN0693.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 107
  • village-stores-at-mfuwe-in-south-luangwa-zambia-B5YHWA.jpg
    village-stores-at-mfuwe-in-south-luangwa-zambia-B5YHWA.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 112
  • village-housing-at-mfuwe-in-south-luangwa-zambia-B5Y4RD.jpg
    village-housing-at-mfuwe-in-south-luangwa-zambia-B5Y4RD.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 110
Hey, bulldogmark, great trip report. Thank you.

I have a question... My family will be going to Zimbabwe and South Africa in a few weeks and are filling up our excess luggage space/weight with clothes and school supplies to donate. What would you say are the most needed items based on your school visit?

Awesome stuff Mark, those look like some happy kids. God Bless!

Hey, bulldogmark, great trip report. Thank you.

I have a question... My family will be going to Zimbabwe and South Africa in a few weeks and are filling up our excess luggage space/weight with clothes and school supplies to donate. What would you say are the most needed items based on your school visit?
Apologies for late reply, I would suggest asking them what they need when your there but if you have weight spare then writing books, pens and pencils is good. The rest you can get there. Just be carefully dishing out food and sweets as I nearly got crushed.

I’m late to read this, but Mark it is obvious you are special and have a very special purpose in life! Hope you can keep this up for many more years!
Best to you!

Good report! Thank you for sharing! You did a good thing going to the school.

What an adventure you had! Thank you for sharing- with those children and with us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg