Zambia Suppressor allowed?

TMA805

Reaction score
Are suppressors allowed for hunting use? Haven't been able to find any information via searches. Thank you.

Are suppressors allowed for hunting use? Haven't been able to find any information via searches. Thank you.

Wasnt totally sure so asked a gun dealer who also has hunting company.... His reply was ...very illegal.....

Funny how different countries views are on suppressors. Some places, like Ireland basically get pissed if you don't use one, here in america, largely thanks to hollywood, they are evil silencers- tools of assassins. In South Africa you can buy them at the hardware store for a few bucks and no one cares, but in Zambia big no no again. I find it amusing how anti gunners view them, as well as a fair number of hunters, who think it's stupid to use them. The long and short of suppressors in that they save your hearing and make less trouble with other people in the area not jumping out of their skin thinking a cannon just went off. Not to mention the substantial reduction in recoil, and if you get a well made one that fits the rifle properly- increase in accuracy.

Wasnt totally sure so asked a gun dealer who also has hunting company.... His reply was ...very illegal.....
Seems they want to hear you start a war, not keep it a secret.

... Not to mention the substantial reduction in recoil, and if you get a well made one that fits the rifle properly- increase in accuracy.

Care to explain how those benefits occur? I was not aware of them.

Care to explain how those benefits occur? I was not aware of them.
it gives the gases a much larger area to expand and push out inside the suppressor which counteracts some of the rearward recoil, plus the added weight. In addition to that if it is made correctly and screwed on tightly that also helps to stabilize the bullet before it hits open air and also evens out barrel harmonics.

I won´t miss my suppressors, even with magnum calibers you can focus much better on your target as you don´t expect the loud muzzle blast.
Although the game has less panic as they can´t realize the direction the bang comes from.

This year I´ll be again with suppressor in Namibia.

Btw.: does anybody knows the situation in Zimbabwe? Do the allow suppressor?

For accuracy, I believe it also reduces de-stabilization of the bullet right after it leaves the barrel. Gases exiting the muzzle aren't pushing the base of the bullet as much, when it is no longer supported by the bore.

^ Interesting bit starting at about 2:35, into the video, I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!