ZAMBIA: spike.t's Epic Wonderland At Takeri Reserve Zambia

I sure enjoyed that............well written and fun. Informative too. I learned that;
1. I wanna hunt with Spike someday
2. Puku are an awesome trophy, and yours is tops
3. Even the cull sable at Takeri are toads.
4. Mike and I share a history with The Sex Pistols
thanks for taking us along................FWB

Interesting your comment on the warthog bullet. I had one come
Back at me and land softly at my tracker’s feet after passing through an animal. We did find the rock it struck (oddly in the ground) before it gently rainbowed back to us. Still have the round.

Somehow I missed this report, very we done bud! Congratulations on a great hunt!

Just to show how much the river comes up . This is where @Vanguard2279 was fishing on the bank
20201020_131826.jpg

The girls are below the gate in the fence leading up to the garden and fire pit..
20201020_131635.jpg

These were taken this morning...as you can see the water is through the gate and all the bank where they were is under water...and river is still rising .the trees you can see on right are the ones behind vanguard in first photo
20210310_113312.jpg

Looking down from top where fire pit is. The top of the fence is just above water for the moment
20210310_113549.jpg

This is taken from tent vanguard was in so you can compare to his photo...the trees on what is the normal far bank are now in the middle of the river with.the water reaching to tree line in distance
20210308_140322.jpg

20210308_140615.jpg

Last edited:
That is a lot of water passing by your camp.

That is a lot of water passing by your camp.

Well Charlie we right on the kafue river..have 16kms of river front....and this part of Zambia usually has high rainfall, even in years that its below average other countries would be happy with it...and this year its has rained plenty....novelty has worn off now...ground is waterlogged...and you can see local fields of maize that are in foot or more of water, so unfortunately good chance that maize will be ruined....as always either too much or too little...

Why.....have a shit load of cut outs of a short arsed indian fkr with enormous moustache placed along the bank....training them.... :E Shrug: :A Thumbs Up::D Beers:
Sounds like a plan to fake my death then I just live in zambia

Bit of an update on river levels ...its been rising quite fast...that's from July last year 2020
IMG-20210316-WA0001.jpg

This from today from same spot
20210317_142504.jpg

Both sides of gate under water now

20210317_104927.jpg

20210317_142520.jpg

20210317_142031.jpg

Last is looking again towards the trees that were behind vanguard

I did pissing here with rain as we speak and covid is rising, again slower than the river though....

I did pissing here with rain as we speak and covid is rising, again slower than the river though....

Been back here for nearly 2 weeks and its rained every day and or night...but basically its rained here most days or nights for weeks now ....yesterday had sunshine and we hoped was clearing for few days....then pissed down in the night till about 10am....thunder rumbling in distance now.... :E Shrug: had enough of it now...and the novelty of messing around in 4x4 has long worn off....first 28kms on way out to get supplies is one and three quarter hours....oh what fun....still trying to figure out why people in uk etc pay places to let them do it in their 4x4s....:E Head Scratch:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg