ZAMBIA: spike.t's Epic Wonderland At Takeri Reserve Zambia

I start with about two pounds of good ground beef and add a pound of some form of country sausage. I use Cajun or Creole seasoning, two eggs, panko bread crumbs and several handfuls of grated sharp cheddar. For good luck, I'll splash in a little Shiner Bock for good luck. I've added half a diced white onion in the past. It then goes on the smoker for about five hours at 225. Any larger than this and it will dry out a bit trying to get to 165-170 degree internal temperature. I have a couple pictures on a particularly majestic loaf I did a while ago.

Takeri really is a special place that more people need to go to. I appreciate how easy it is to get to South Africa, but it really doesn't approach what you will experience along the Kafue River. As I mentioned in my hunt report with Western Safaris in the Eastern Cape, there are places that I love and feel happy. Takeri is one of them.

You will have to try make us some when you next pay us a visit...puku...bushbuck...who knows...but be interesting to taste

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross