Zambia Pictures

There has been some activity on that track as the tops of the rails are not rusted over! The rolling stock in the picture has seen better days for sure.

The animals pictured in this thread do get one thinking!

Loved Zambia. Put in an App for me along with Brickburn. Change of address coming. Bruce

All from Takeri.

P1070170.JPG
P1070250.JPG
P1070297.JPG
P1070390.JPG
P1070415.JPG
P1070422.JPG

I keep saying Zambia is calling me....Love to hunt there.

I have spent the last two weeks in two vastly different, but equally magnificent areas of Zambia. The far North-West on the Nchila, Nkwaji and Chitunta Wildlife Reserves, and then Lake Tanganyika and the Nsumbu National Park.

The Nchila and Nkwaji Reserves, owned by the Fisher family, are in my opinion Zambia's premier fenced private Wildlife Reserves, this is down to a variety of reasons. Nkwaji is in excess of 35 000 hectares and encloses 27 km's of the magnificent West Lunga River, which is home to some great Tiger Fish. It is also home to some amazing
wildlife, with a very healthy population of Buffalo, in excess of 900 Sable, Roan, Sitatunga, a huge population of Eland, Crocodile, Hippo, Black Lechwe, Yellow Backed Duiker and Zambia's only huntable population of Harnessed Bushbuck.

I hope you enjoy the photos
IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_6153.jpg

IMG_6161.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6547.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6649.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6891.jpg

Now for what Nchila and Nkwaji are really known for, Unbelievable Sable...

IMG_7053.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

IMG_7408.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_6077.jpg

IMG_5754.jpg

IMG_6002.JPG

I saw some absolute monsters during the week I was on Nchila and Nkwaji. Considering the population between the three reserves (Nchila, Nkwaji and Chitunta) stands at over 1400 individuals, it is no surprise that there are some monster bulls lurking. That being said, while good genetics help, the wildlife management on the reserves is excellent, which ensures that all species are of great quality.

Just a few more Plainsgame pictures...

IMG_6466 (2).JPG

IMG_6275 (2).JPG

IMG_6640 (2).JPG

IMG_7318 (2).JPG

IMG_6687 (2).JPG

IMG_6551.JPG

IMG_7192 (2).JPG

IMG_7349 (2).JPG

IMG_7382 (2).JPG

IMG_7476 (2).JPG

IMG_7549 (2).JPG

I hope you have enjoyed the few pictures, the quality of wildlife on offer is simply astounding.

Wow @Arturo Cuturi ! I am jealous! Looks amazing there, I would love to get there someday. Some great looking sable also!

Thanks for sharing the sable pictures! I for one can't get enough of them.

Those ears make me think this is a Roan. But it has to be a Sable.
What a great picture.

IMG_6275 (2).JPG

Loving this thread- thank you for sharing all the great photos.

This is just driving home the point that Zambia will be the destination for our next big safari!

Those ears make me think this is a Roan. But it has to be a Sable.
What a great picture.

View attachment 178740

You were right about the ears, it is in fact a baby Roan, there where a couple of them sitting on the road. The rest of the herd where grazing a few hundred metres away.

Wow, great pic and nice sable!

arturo at least you can drive around yours........:P Driver:.........and not :P Swimmer:...:E Big Grin:
Well we can drive around most places, but there are still a lot of flooded dambo's and soft marshy areas, that love to bog a Landcruiser down. That being said it seems the rains are now gone completely, so hopefully everywhere will start drying up. Kasonso on the other hand is another story all together, I don't think we will be able to drive around until at least June.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!