Zambia picks 151 hunters for 2020 hunting season

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://www.zambianews.net/news/266688441/zambia-picks-151-hunters-for-2020-hunting-season#

Zambia picks 151 hunters for 2020 hunting season

LUSAKA, Oct. 14 (Xinhua) -- Zambia on Wednesday unveiled a list of 151 hunters who will participate in the 2020 hunting season.

A total of 1,683 hunters were shortlisted for this year's hunting season out of which 151 have been selected to participate in the hunting season with 38 reserves.

Minister of Tourism and Arts Ronald Chitotela has since warned the hunters to desist from over-hunting and pursuing species that have not been prescribed on the hunting licenses.

In remarks delivered during a raffle draw to determine successful applicants, the Zambian minister noted that anyone who will be found engaging in unethical conduct and abrogating the wildlife regulations will be blacklisted and face the law for the offence of poaching.

He further directed the Department of National Parks and Wildlife to remain alert and closely monitor the hunting exercise by ensuring compliance with the set regulations and protocols.

Chuma Simukonda, director of the Department of National Parks and Wildlife, said the decision to use the raffle draw to determine the hunters for this season was meant to ensure transparency in the selection process.

The hunting season usually starts from September to December each year.

in case anyone is interested.
below is a list of the areas and the number of successful applications issued per area.
Most areas will only issue 1 or 2 animals per application.

D1BB5EDF-A9EF-415F-976B-A33968B9736E.jpeg

This raffle generates a substantial amount of money for the DNPW from the application process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,