ZAMBIA: Larrys Hunt On Takeri Reserve Oct 2016

Great looking animals Mike. Congrats to all involved!

Congratulations! I love your sable and bush buck.

Love that sable. Congrats!​

Great critters. But Fantastic sable! Looking forward to the full report;)

Yep the 29th in Ndola. Then we just need to find a sable as good or better! I'm looking forward to hunting with you guys. Bruce

Mike, brilliant sable, congrats, that is one old bushbuck a "duggaboy" of bushbuck.

Beautiful animals for sure but where are the stories for each? That is my measure of a hunt.

well larry doesnt even have a cell phone let alone a computer....makes me look like a geek :eek:....so will do my best....the sable was one of those lucky opportunities . larrys first stalk the day before on a sable didnt work, as at the moment here its like walking in most places on a carpet of giant corn flakes, and the wind has been strong and all over the place so that one took off at full speed. this one we saw and larry liked it more than the one he had tried for the day before. there was a big termite mound between the vehicle and the sable so patsy , larry and lackson the tracker got off and slowly made their way to the termite mound and the wind didnt mess around this time. took patsy a bit to get larry onto the bull as the herd were milling around and getting suspicious something was up. he managed to get on it and one shot with the .300win mag ended it , but it was getting a bit tense as you could see they were about to head. the bushbuck hunting is all walk and stalk and patsy took larry out walking from the lodge early the next morning to walk the thickets along the peninsula . she took him to the far end and looped back to the lodge prob about 6 or 7 kms but although they saw some bushbuck larry had a hard time getting onto them in time. late same afternoon she took larry out again following the same path but i went to pick them up at the far end at around 6pm. when i got to where i was supposed to meet them, benson one of the staff who went with them was waiting with a grin on his face and said they are further up the road. he wouldnt say anything but i figured out they had got something from his big grin......when i got there just as the light was going there they were with the bushbuck. late in the walk patsy had spotted it resting under a tree in the shadows and they managed to get up to it without it noticing. patsy said it was hard to see it in the shadows and when larry managed to work out where it was it stood up, but all he could see clearly was the neck and head , so took it with a neck shot as it was fairly close. during this late walk they had seen 4 other bushbuck. larry is now after blue duiker and in last couple of morning and evening walk and stalks has probably done 20+kms and seen even more bushbucks and a few blue duikers but hasnt connected with one yet...he is one fit 78 year old and can quaff some amounts of red wine :) and builds beautiful rifles :D Beers: hope that was ok @Upton O. Good but not that great at the writing thing :confused:

That report makes the trophy whole and reminds me of how much I love and miss Africa. . Thanks!

Great sable, Mike :D Cheers:

Great trophies!!!

Congrats, thanks for sharing.

Yeah heck of a sable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg