ZAMBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Impanga Safaris Zambia?

Ogre

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello
New to site. Have a Cape buffalo hunt that I won at auction with Impanga Safaris in Zambia. Was wondering if anyone has hunted with them and what their experience was. Appreciate the info

Hello
New to site. Have a Cape buffalo hunt that I won at auction with Impanga Safaris in Zambia. Was wondering if anyone has hunted with them and what their experience was. Appreciate the info

Not much on their website, not even one dead buffalo...

I see somebody paid US$7000 for below....adding the extras brings it to US$17700 per hunter per buffalo, little bit steep I would think.....

Auction or winning safaris are rarely good deals....I hope it works out

Impanga Safaris Limited invites two hunters to Zamiba for a 10-day, 2x1 guided, cape buffalo hunt. Schedule this rifle hunt with outfitter for open dates October 1 - 31, 2019 or 2020. Impanga will take hunters to Northern Luangwa, which shares the boundary with two national parks. Chanjuzi GMA is the classic hunting destination for a first-class wilderness experience. Chanjuzi is home to lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, hippo, crocodile, cookson wildebeest, puku and many other plains game and bird species. The terrain encompasses the Luangwa River, sweeping open plains, Mopani forests and thickets. Included is the daily rate of $7,950 per hunt which covers accommodations, meals, 2x1 guide service, trophy fees for cape buffalo, firearm permit and field prep. Additional hunters and non-hunters are welcome for $250/day. Not included are license and concession fees($4,550/hunter), tag ($3,950/hunter), air transfers ($700/hunter), dipping, packing/shipping ($1,500/hunter) and gratuities for camp staff and PH. Arrival/departure point Lusaka, Zambia.

Yah... hmmm? I kind of know the area and looking at their website and while fairly primitive (understandable because it is somewhat remote and which is not at all a bad thing), the facilities look "new". Really not much content on their website to say who they are or what track record they have. I would hate to venture a guess but it almost seems like they are new to the concession and may not even be the primary holder/outfitter of the concession or could even have a government/local sponsored connection???... maybe possible considering that Zambia started from scratch on some or most of their large "community" concessions and concession holders/outfitters after the shut down. The area is (or was not long ago) very good for buffalo and of course puku along with good croc and excess hippo. I'm not sure of the other animals in their "Galary". And as IvW pointed out, really not much in their "Galary". The spelling of which may be somewhat of a clue.... just saying. Hope it works out for whomever tries it- that part of the Luangwa Valley is really a great area with great potential. Unknown exact numbers, but reports of high poaching toll during shutdown.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you