Zambia Flight/travel Advice

TMA805

Reaction score
Looking for advice and suggestions on specific airlines and flights/routes into Lusaka, Zambia. Departure is from DFW airport (Dallas, TX). Dates are mid June to early July. Given Covid, not sure if routing via Johannesburg will be possible or advisable due to restrictions upon return. Limited research indicated Dubai as an option for layover. thanks.

You can get there without doing JO. Give Lori at @TRAVEL EXPRESS a shout.

Last edited by a moderator:
@spike.t is on the ground in Zambia. I'll bet he can let you in on the flights and COVID protocols.

Looking for advice and suggestions on specific airlines and flights/routes into Lusaka, Zambia. Departure is from DFW airport (Dallas, TX). Dates are mid June to early July. Given Covid, not sure if routing via Johannesburg will be possible or advisable due to restrictions upon return. Limited research indicated Dubai as an option for layover. thanks.

I have been looking for flights since November to go to @spike.t place. Good luck, the routes change weekly. The best that I could find were from IAH either on Turkish or Qatar. But it’s three days of flying to get there, and then a change plane in either Kenya, Rwanda or Ethiopia for the final leg.

And I have looked from IAH, DFW, SAT, AUS and look about every other day. Good luck. However the best news that I have heard is that BA is going to restart A380 service to JNB. Things might start to get better, just not soon enough.

I have been looking for flights since November to go to @spike.t place. Good luck, the routes change weekly. The best that I could find were from IAH either on Turkish or Qatar. But it’s three days of flying to get there, and then a change plane in either Kenya, Rwanda or Ethiopia for the final leg.

And I have looked from IAH, DFW, SAT, AUS and look about every other day. Good luck. However the best news that I have heard is that BA is going to restart A380 service to JNB. Things might start to get better, just not soon enough.
thanks to all who've responded, appreciated

Yup go talk to lori or Jennifer... @Vanguard2279 used her to get here to come to us last year ...she sorted his flights and he went from usa on Ethiopian to Addis then lusaka....at moment the requirement is for a negative test within 7 days of arrival ..for the test on leaving you can have the test done in 24 hours ...quite a few hunters came to Zambia last year and haven't heard of any problems for them on arrival or departure

TMA805 - we are booking flights to Zambia and trying to avoid routing through Johannesburg for now. As direct as possible is best during these COVID times.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross