Zabala SxS 10 gauge

Its definitely got my vote for home defense lol. Quicker to reload than a grape shot cannon and probably similar firepower lol. I don't have one but I suddenly feel the need to own one.

I have owned 3 at one point in time and still have 1 in the miscellaneous rack. Normally use it for last season geese back home but last year i tried it out on spring turkey. As expected, it preformed great.

My father-in-law bought two, and gave me one of these monsters. I had read the ads for cheap 10 ga Spanish doubles, and I clearly recall....."shoot ducks, geese and fox at 100 yards" they said . The ads proved true. I could shoot ducks, geese and fox at 100 yards......but I could not kill any of them. It handled much like a High-Lift jack. Didn't ever use it in a self defense situation, but I believe one could club a Yak to death with it. It was worth exactly what I paid. Good luck with the mighty Zab.....FWB

I had a Zabala 10 ga. for several years. Bought it at a gun show for $100 with one barrel split at the muzzle. I cut both barrels back to 18 1/2 inches and shot the living H.... out of it. I even took it to **NOT**PERMITTED** as a backup to my Benelli Super 90. Everyone loved to look at it , no-one but me liked to shoot it. Something about excessive recoil. One instructor ended up in the supine position after shooting a slug round from the sitting position.
The Zabala digested everything I throwed at it, from magnum 00buck ,to slugs, to birdshot. The only problem with the Zabala was EVERY time I took it to a public range some police type insisted on measuring the length of the barrels. Those enormous tubes made the barrels appear mighty short.
My Zabala was a very well made, very tough shotgun. I ended up selling it to a friend who still has it and shoots it regularly.
I would suggest that $400 is a bargain.

Thanks! I want one, plan to have my gunsmith shorten the barrels to 22" If the police wants to measure it so be it.

I have a Gunmark Greylag which is the same almost but built a wee bit heavier. I use mine most weekends for coastal ducks and geese. This normally involves a 5-6 mile walk to get to a good spot then swing the SOB through the air. I must say IF I had to use it in a home defence role once im done shooting I can always club the mfeer to death

While not a Zabala, I have a Remington 1894 BE 10ga with 32" Etoile 3BP damascus barrels that was built circa 1906. Weighing in at a couple ounces shy of 11 lbs, made for the uplands it is not.

20210326_191126.jpg

*If RST ever gets rolling again, members with these big 10s should consider picking up a few boxes of their 2 7/8" 10ga loads. Your shoulder will thank you.

While not a Zabala, I have a Remington 1894 BE 10ga with 32" Etoile 3BP damascus barrels that was built circa 1906. Weighing in at a couple ounces shy of 11 lbs, made for the uplands it is not.

View attachment 504024

*If RST ever gets rolling again, members with these big 10s should consider picking up a few boxes of their 2 7/8" 10ga loads. Your shoulder will thank you.
I am with you. back in the day they could build a 10 bore. This is a Lindner 10 bore proofed for 1 1/4" loads. It has taken a truckload of geese and ducks on multiple trips to Canada. The good old boys with their synthetic 3 1/2" semiautoklunkenwackers have a chuckle until it starts dropping birds with authority.

Though for repelling boarders, I'll stick to the DDM4 and Colt Commander.

double5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you