Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I did a Dall sheep hunt in August 2016. Great hunt and total experience with Dickson Outfitters. Hunt report link: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...ep-hunt-report-with-dickson-outfitters.30905/

I did experience some difficulty on getting the taxidermy work done. Both my hunting buddy and me took Dalls and Scot also took a black bear. At the conclusion of the hunt, the outfitter showed us a bunch of wolverine pelts and we both purchased one, thinking they'd make a very interesting mount. We left all these critters with a local taxidermist in Whitehorse. Several months went by with no communication. I called the guy and asked if he wanted a deposit and he told me not yet. All the stuff was being sent to a tannery and he'd get back to me. Several months passed and nothing. Finally got a note from the guy saying he was going to close down his business in about 6 months (end of 2017) and wasn't sure he'd get our animals done. Scot and I made the decision to move on. We paid for the tanning and had everything shipped to a taxidermist in Nevada, near Scot's home. This was Rich Herb with Desert Pines Taxidermy (http://desertpinestaxidermy.com/ ). Rich took about 6 months and emailed me a few weeks ago to get a shipping address so he could get a freight cost estimate. The first estimate was pretty high, a little over $800. He got a second estimate from a specialty trucking firm called Wild Game Transport (WGT), out of Colorado. They specialize in transporting taxidermy and their fee was $200 cheaper. I quickly received a text message from WGT saying they'd deliver to me within a few days. Received them first thing this morning and I'm debating whether to keep them in my Houston apartment or bring them into the office. I have a few more months before my new house construction and man cave are done. For now, they are in the apartment.

upload_2018-4-25_9-8-13.png

upload_2018-4-25_9-9-27.png

upload_2018-4-25_9-10-9.png

upload_2018-4-25_9-10-52.png

upload_2018-4-25_9-11-49.png

Perfect distraction for the office!

Glad your trophies made it home.

Glad you got your critters! Good looking Dall Sheep

Very nice! I’m a Varmint hunter and that wolverine is awesome! Congratulations!

Very nice ram. Hope your house construction is going well.
Philip

Beautiful ram. He'll look great wherever he is displayed. Not many wolverine mounts around. Ought to elicit some comments.
Bruce

That is a great old ram - don't always see broomed horns like that on a Dall. Congrats. And of course the wolverine is just cool.

Nice and heavy for a dall. Love the double broom.
That wolverine is like a North American honey badger

Beautiful dall ram and I like the wolverine.

Beautiful ram, congrats! The wolverine reminds me a bit of my piano teacher when I was a kid..... :eek:

Nice mounts glad you got them back safe and sound.

I vote for the office!

Nice ram!

Great looking trophies, at least that first taxidermist kept you informed. There are way too many horror stories of something like this happening with the trophies being lost somewhere.

Now I also vote for the office, the only problem is that you won't get any work done since you will be daydreaming about any and all upcoming hunts.

I did a Dall sheep hunt in August 2016. Great hunt and total experience with Dickson Outfitters. Hunt report link: https://www.africahunting.com/threa...ep-hunt-report-with-dickson-outfitters.30905/

I did experience some difficulty on getting the taxidermy work done. Both my hunting buddy and me took Dalls and Scot also took a black bear. At the conclusion of the hunt, the outfitter showed us a bunch of wolverine pelts and we both purchased one, thinking they'd make a very interesting mount. We left all these critters with a local taxidermist in Whitehorse. Several months went by with no communication. I called the guy and asked if he wanted a deposit and he told me not yet. All the stuff was being sent to a tannery and he'd get back to me. Several months passed and nothing. Finally got a note from the guy saying he was going to close down his business in about 6 months (end of 2017) and wasn't sure he'd get our animals done. Scot and I made the decision to move on. We paid for the tanning and had everything shipped to a taxidermist in Nevada, near Scot's home. This was Rich Herb with Desert Pines Taxidermy (http://desertpinestaxidermy.com/ ). Rich took about 6 months and emailed me a few weeks ago to get a shipping address so he could get a freight cost estimate. The first estimate was pretty high, a little over $800. He got a second estimate from a specialty trucking firm called Wild Game Transport (WGT), out of Colorado. They specialize in transporting taxidermy and their fee was $200 cheaper. I quickly received a text message from WGT saying they'd deliver to me within a few days. Received them first thing this morning and I'm debating whether to keep them in my Houston apartment or bring them into the office. I have a few more months before my new house construction and man cave are done. For now, they are in the apartment.

View attachment 226244

View attachment 226245

View attachment 226246

View attachment 226247

View attachment 226248

Very nice I must say

Congrats! That wolverine looks great!

Very nice! What a relief to have them home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!