Yukon Moose Hunt Recommendations

jcnelsn1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone have recommendations for an outfitter for Yukon moose hunt? Looking for a place that could take 3 hunters in camp. Preferably in Canada but Alaska would be doable also.

Caesar Lake outfitters or McMillen outfitters

There aren't a lot of outfitters in Yukon. Last time I looked, there were 17. I did a Dall Sheep hunt with Dickson Outfitters and hope to go back for a moose one day. It is expensive to hunt in the Yukon! This is a link to my report on the Dall hunt.

These hunts are typically booked a couple years in advance, but COVID might have changed that.

A harvest report is published each year in the Yukon hunting rules and regulations.

You should focus on the second number for each animal, the non-resident number, which is a guided hunt. The resident number gives you an idea of hunting pressure, as well as moose population. You need to look at a Zone Map and then look at the Outfitters concession map and you can figure out what area and what outfitter. You want a good outfitter in a good moose area.

Go look at Post #6 on this discussion and is shows the Zone map and the Outfitters concession map.

1633654467385.png

Attachments

• env-yukon-hunting-regulations-summary_en.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
There aren't a lot of outfitters in Yukon. Last time I looked, there were 17. I did a Dall Sheep hunt with Dickson Outfitters and hope to go back for a moose one day. It is expensive to hunt in the Yukon! This is a link to my report on the Dall hunt.

These hunts are typically booked a couple years in advance, but COVID might have changed that.

A harvest report is published each year in the Yukon hunting rules and regulations.

You should focus on the second number for each animal, the non-resident number, which is a guided hunt. The resident number gives you an idea of hunting pressure, as well as moose population. You need to look at a Zone Map and then look at the Outfitters concession map and you can figure out what area and what outfitter. You want a good outfitter in a good moose area.

Go look at Post #6 on this discussion and is shows the Zone map and the Outfitters concession map.

View attachment 429283
Great info. Yeah, understand the expense. We are still fairly young but ain’t getting any younger so we are starting to get some bucket list trips on the books. Was thinking Yukon moose or brown bear next fall (knowing that there might not be availability that soon though). We are headed to Africa in 2023 for mixed DG and PG hunt in Tanzania

I’ve hunted with Blackstone.What I like is they have their own planes and are one of the farthest North outfitters. Great family Great outfit!!!

If Alaska is a consideration give Doug Brewer at Alaska West Air a call. Doug does drop camps and is good about putting guys in the right spot. I really don’t see the point in a guide on a moose hunt unless you are really looking for a pack mule!

A little research, a good air operator and a stout back and you should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,