Petrus Geldenhuys

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia
I would like to get a feel from everyone on AH which Southern African Country you would like to hunt next or return to for your next hunting trip. Please vote on the poll.

Can we have an 'other' option for countries outside Africa?

Can we have an 'other' option for countries outside Africa?

For this survey i think we need to stick to Southern Africa as the poll does not allow enough fields for all the countries in the world.

Where would you like to hunt? and why?

just got back from Zambia ,today hunting and fishing with mike taylor ,and patsy hann....
its such a different place to walk them up ....
other than the heat, which you eventually learn to live with , its such a wild place, to hunt and fish
will be definitely returning there in the next couple of years, sooner if l can afford it ....
fantastic people to hunt with.......

i did see that one but think it more to do with who you will be hunting next than anything else, i would like to have a feel for where everyone wants to hunt in the future or revisit.

Just has some of the information you may have wanted to obtain.

just got back from Zambia ,today hunting and fishing with mike taylor ,and patsy hann....
its such a different place to walk them up ....
other than the heat, which you eventually learn to live with , its such a wild place, to hunt and fish
will be definitely returning there in the next couple of years, sooner if l can afford it ....
fantastic people to hunt with.......

hey bluey good to see you are home safe. so they let you on the plane after all those gin and tonics then????;)

Hi Bluey, glad to see you survived your adventure with Mike !

Leaving on May 1, 2016 w/ @Hartzview Hunting Safaris. Plains game in RSA. Specifically.... not sure. I think maybe KZN for Nyala, Bushbuck, Reed, Vaalies, etc...... However, I am up for an audible if he has some cool opportunities. :sneaky:

Hi Petrus,

Truth be told, I'm not very particular about the specific country as much as I am indeed very particular about the type of Safari Company and specific PH that I end up with.

Be that as it may, I voted for Zimbabwe simply because I would like very much to hunt hippo on land or possibly a management/probably tusk-less elephant with my large bore double, and that country (specifically Lake Kariba) seems to consistently have the most opportunity for hippo-on-land and therefore usually (but not always) the best prices.

At this stage, I am taking care of my 90 year old Mother and my house needs a new roof so, I must put all that on hold for now.
My Mom took care of me when I was a child and now I am happy to return the favor plus, my house is worth re-roofing so, there it is.

It is not the end of my African visits, it is just a schedule change until a bit further down the trail.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

I selected Namibia. Though I would be happy hunting Botzwana or MOZ. I've hunted in South Africa twice now. So I really want to hunt another African country. Still waiting to hear where we will be going. :(

I selected Namibia. Though I would be happy hunting Botzwana or MOZ. I've hunted in South Africa twice now. So I really want to hunt another African country. Still waiting to hear where we will be going. :(

Looking forward to seeing a pic of a buff you took in the Caprivi.

Looking forward to seeing a pic of a buff you took in the Caprivi.
The buff I sadly wounded, was in the EC area of SA. The whole hunt, I now know from far too many sources, was a travesty. I can only own my part in that I should not have allowed myself to be encouraged to hunt a DG animal without doing my homework. I will correct that next Spring since the whole experience has left me angrier than hell. In the meantime, that buff is now at the taxidermist where he will at least be preserved as a lesson learned. You'll see him when I post it on my FB site. I'll make sure to include the write-up with photos.

The buff I sadly wounded, was in the EC area of SA. The whole hunt, I now know from far too many sources, was a travesty. I can only own my part in that I should not have allowed myself to be encouraged to hunt a DG animal without doing my homework. I will correct that next Spring since the whole experience has left me angrier than hell. In the meantime, that buff is now at the taxidermist where he will at least be preserved as a lesson learned. You'll see him when I post it on my FB site. I'll make sure to include the write-up with photos.

My bad for not being clearer, I knew about the RSA buff. Looking forward to you taking one in the future under better circumstances is what I meant.

I chose Mozambique as I want to hunt leopard and Roosevelt sable with Simon. I'm saving pennies and praying it will be 2018. This summer though it's off to Romania to hunt Roe deer with Horia Spandu with Unforgetable Hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theron03S

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!