Your favorite hunting rifle of all time

I think my favorite hunting rifle has to be my K-31 in 7.5x55. It's not expensive, but is a blast of a rifle. If not the K-31 then my Steyr 1890 Gew 88 Commission rifle in 8x57. Honestly though..... it might be my P14 Enfield in 303 British... but... I do like my AR-15 in 6mm ARC....

Who knows, I grab a rifle and enjoy the wilderness, let the mission drive the gear.

I think my favorite hunting rifle has to be my K-31 in 7.5x55. It's not expensive, but is a blast of a rifle. If not the K-31 then my Steyr 1890 Gew 88 Commission rifle in 8x57. Honestly though..... it might be my P14 Enfield in 303 British... but... I do like my AR-15 in 6mm ARC....

Who knows, I grab a rifle and enjoy the wilderness, let the mission drive the gear.
I love my K31. Probably the most accurate military rifle made.

Remington 700 ADL 30/06. Bought in 1985 at Montgomery WardsIn Toledo OH. 1/2 minute of angle factory gun.

CZ 550 Safari Magnum in 375H&H.

It was my first "big" rifle and has proven to be quite the gateway drug into this hobby.

A single shot Browning 1885 Highwall in 7mm. Besides chasing local deer with it I've taken it to Canada for caribou, Scotland for red deer, roe deer, and fallow, and Africa for plains game. Except when I've went for buffalo and leopard, it's been the only rifle I hunted with for the last 30 years.

My favourite hunting rifle is actually a Winchester Model 61 in 22WMR! My next favourite is a Lithgow No1 MKIII* in 303Brit.!, these 2 I have used since 10 years old so am well used to them but its either a Westley Richards, Accelerated Express in 318WR or a Browning, Belgium, BLR in 308Win as my favourite proper hunting rifles....

Pre War Rigby DG .416. R

Lon

Winchester XTR .280 Rem, first good rifle I had. Very accurate and easy to carry. Took it to Africa the first time and did well with it.

My favorite hunting rifle?
For me, my Weatherby Vanguard II in .308 Win is my hands-down favorite hunting rifle. It is light, very accurate, easy to handload ammunition, and with a plastic stock that I don’t have to worry about. The recoil is light, and it is good for most game that I hunt In USA. It will never win a beauty contest, but for me a real beaut.

I have listed my favorites before but I will have used the last 2 years deer hunting a weatherby 257 it is quite impressive 110 accubonds
At what range? Most deer hunting vids I see are from tree stands or blinds....forgive my ignorince I am African....

A single shot Browning 1885 Highwall in 7mm. Besides chasing local deer with it I've taken it to Canada for caribou, Scotland for red deer, roe deer, and fallow, and Africa for plains game. Except when I've went for buffalo and leopard, it's been the only rifle I hunted with for the last 30 years.
which 7mm?

Hm,
Thats a tough one.
Had some amazing old rifles and really liked thoose: 105yr old Collat Drilling, 1915 Hammer Drilling, 1908 Mauser 98 civil Stutzen..
And new rifles like TC Encore or R700s, Krieghoff Classic

Somehow single Shot Break actions are my thing.

If i had to pick one: Krieghoff Hubertus

K95s are sweet but the feel is a bit to modern and souless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois