AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Bringing in the next generation of leaders is important if SCI and SCI Foundation are to continue growing their impact into the future. On Wednesday afternoon, January 9 SCI Foundation held its second annual Young Guns event at the Peppermill Resort. The event was hosted by C.J. and Jami Sibert, and was attended by an energetic group of up and comers, many of whom will eventually take on leadership roles In SCI and SCI Foundation, ensuring the continued viability of these groups well into the future.

“The future of hunting relies on young people getting more involved,” said SCI Foundation Executive Director Bob Benson. “Our new Young Guns group is a great way for young hunters to meet and build relationships and learn more about SCI and SCI Foundation. We look forward to seeing this new initiative grow.”

young-guns1.jpg

Jami Siebert (left) and Brad Jannenga (right) welcome the “Young Guns” to their second annual reception.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Last edited:
This must be the SCI answer to their aging problem....

This must be the SCI answer to their aging problem....

It’s a good group and yes a great start for the future. I went last year.
Philip

Just curious, how old is "young" in this context?

If they’d like to offer me a job, I’d be more than happy to accept.

im 80 and proud of it!!!!

If all hunters are 80, all hunting will end in a few years.

I think hunting organizations in many countries have woken up to the need to get more people under 60 into hunting.

If all hunters are 80, all hunting will end in a few years.

I think hunting organizations in many countries have woken up to the need to get more people under 60 into hunting.
Under 60?!?

10 year olds go deer hunting where I live.

Under 60?!?

10 year olds go deer hunting where I live.
Sounds good. Unfortunately, that is not the case in many places in Europe and North America.

Here in Finland, one good news is that more women are taking up hunting.

Also, looks like bow hunting will become legal for Moose. So far, white tail has been the largest that you could legally hunt with a bow here. That might attract people in the more densely populated areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois