You knife fans are in for a treat!!

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I just got the preliminary photographs of the knife Mr von Gruff is making for me. It's a thumb-notch skinner with Kauri wood handle. It will be as functional as it is beautiful. In the near future photographs of it will be posted for your appreciation.

:A Popcorn:

I own six of Von Gruff's knives. It is you who is in for a treat. I do want to see the pictures though. Knives that are beautiful in a simplistic way as well as functional seems to be a trait of his.

Looking for to it!

Here you go guys. It was a pleasure working through the design changes with Ray for this thumb rest skinner with swamp kauri. The pics really dont do justice to the grain structure in this wood like sunlight does. I will post these on my other thread as ther are a couple of others to post as well.
PqSewuMl.jpg

HeORvsDl.jpg

I52zKNXl.jpg

Attachments

• HeORvsDl.jpg
    HeORvsDl.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 159
  • I52zKNXl.jpg
    I52zKNXl.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 163
  • PqSewuMl.jpg
    PqSewuMl.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 159
Here you go guys. It was a pleasure working through the design changes with Ray for this thumb rest skinner with swamp kauri. The pics really dont do justice to the grain structure in this wood like sunlight does. I will post these on my other thread as ther are a couple of others to post as well.
PqSewuMl.jpg

HeORvsDl.jpg

I52zKNXl.jpg
Very nice looking knife!

Ray B and Von Gruff, the wood on the Thumb Rest Skinner is beautiful. No other word describes it. Garry have you ever made a gunstock out of that kind of wood? Or isn't it appropriate for gunstocks?

I havent done Art but then it is a very rare and expensive wood so to get a piece large enough to make a stock from would be a problem. There are big logs that have been and occasionally are being dragged out of old swampland but it would take pockets much bigger and deeper than mine to get onto one of them.

Wow what a beauty!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaylaHoola

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!