Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I done did it again.

I'll never learn.

I doubt at my age I will ever change.

I have dies, brass and bullets for a cartridge for which I do not yet own a rifle.

And tonight, I loaded up a few rounds, just to try out the dies and play with the new cases.

It sure looks like a giant 30-30 to me! Sexy as that pic in Brick's Barnes thread.

IMG_0914.JPG

Did I mention they feel really good in the hand?

:)

You're scaring me with that hand comment.

Not being a total cartridge nut, what the heck are those things?

500 Gibbs????

You're scaring me with that hand comment.

Not being a total cartridge nut, what the heck are those things?

450-400 Nitro Express with 300gr Barnes (for small game :) ).

I done did it again.

I'll never learn.

I doubt at my age I will ever change.

I have dies, brass and bullets for a cartridge for which I do not yet own a rifle.

And tonight, I loaded up a few rounds, just to try out the dies and play with the new cases.

It sure looks like a giant 30-30 to me! Sexy as that pic in Brick's Barnes thread.

View attachment 198879

I am glad to hear there are others that do this as well:) you should post a pic with a 30-30 for comparison:)

Very cool:cool: I love the look of that cartridge. And, it's super important to ensure your loading dies are in working order. How silly would it be to have a nice double and no loads! Pffft:D

I actually think that is very interesting. I never thought about that. There must be a design rationale that these cartridges were developed in reference to. Has to be the long necks holding the bullet. Neat.

I sure am glad you guys are supporting me in my time of need...vs ridiculing me!

Are you kidding? I really thought this is how it's supposed to work! Buy dies, brass, and other components. Load to specifications. Go build custom rifle to fit loaded carriages. Perfect!!

Last edited by a moderator:
In building design, there is a ratio called the Divine Proportion or Golden Ratio:

Where a = length and b= height
a+b/a = a/b

Said to give the most universally appealing aspect.

Oh well....maybe not.

I think the Amarula is starting to talk...

Last edited by a moderator:
@tarbe,

Are those the TSX 0.411" bullets for 405 Winchester? What rifle are you planning to shoot them in?

@tarbe,

Are those the TSX 0.411" bullets for 405 Winchester? What rifle are you planning to shoot them in?

They are. I will shoot them in a Boddington Buffalo Ruger No 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross