Yellow fever vaccination for Namibia?

CJW

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
To anyone who has been to Namibia recently, were you required to have a yellow fever vaccination for entry? I'm finding what seems like conflicting info but I believe it just means that you need one if you have been through an affected country.

Thanks

Cameron

Just got back. Didn't get one before I went and wasn't asked about it. I think your understanding is correct.

Reactions: CJW
If you have been to a Yellow Fever Country you'll need YF vaccination to enter many countries, including Namibia and RSA.

Areas with Risk of Yellow Fever Virus Transmission​

Map: Africa showing areas at risk for Yellow Fever Transmision in Angola, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Burundi, Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Central African Republic, Cameroon, Nigeria, Benin, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Buinea-Bissau, The Gambia, Senegai, Burkina Faso, Togo, and parts of Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad, and Sudan.

YF_SouthAmerica_forweb.jpg

Just got back. Didn't get one before I went and wasn't asked about it. I think your understanding is correct.

Thanks. I just found a couple things that left it open ended.

How did your proof of covid vaccination go? Did you travel under the new 72 hour rule?

Thanks

Thanks. I just found a couple things that left it open ended.

How did your proof of covid vaccination go? Did you travel under the new 72 hour rule?

Thanks
Easy peasy. Yep, had to get a negative test prior and be sure to take a copy of the results. Got mine at a Walgreens drive-thru. The PH arranged for a nurse to come to the lodge to do a test the day prior to departure for the flight back. I never had to show proof of vaccination that I can recall, but filled out a couple health forms indicating that I had had the vaccine. I did take my vaccination card in case I needed to show it.

Easy peasy. Yep, had to get a negative test prior and be sure to take a copy of the results. Got mine at a Walgreens drive-thru. The PH arranged for a nurse to come to the lodge to do a test the day prior to departure for the flight back. I never had to show proof of vaccination that I can recall, but filled out a couple health forms indicating that I had had the vaccine. I did take my vaccination card in case I needed to show it.
In case my .02 is helpful: Four weeks ago going to Namibia I was asked for my negative COVID documents both passing through Johannesburg and entering Windhoek. I don't think I was asked on the return to the US two weeks ago. Also, my local Walgreens did not offer the PCR test in sufficient time such that it would have been less than 72 hours from the test when I entered Windhoek. We had to get tested at the airport where we departed. Our outfitter also arranged our test for the return, which was handy.

How long did Walgreens take to get you results?

How long did Walgreens take to get you results?
Just a few hours. You have to make sure the Walgreens you make an appt with does the PCR testing. Some do, some don't.

@CJW when do you travel? I didn’t need yellow fever vaccine for Namibia, but i got it anyway since we were traveling though Ethiopia and also were in Zambia. It was a “what if” precaution in case we got stuck somewhere.

I’m not! That’s why I didn’t hunt this year…

To anyone who has been to Namibia recently, were you required to have a yellow fever vaccination for entry? I'm finding what seems like conflicting info but I believe it just means that you need one if you have been through an affected country.

Thanks

Cameron
No, not Namibia. Zambia and further north.

@CJW when do you travel? I didn’t need yellow fever vaccine for Namibia, but i got it anyway since we were traveling though Ethiopia and also were in Zambia. It was a “what if” precaution in case we got stuck somewhere.

Two weeks from now. I'm only going through RSA, then on to Namibia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!