Wyoming pronghorn hunting info needed

Yes you can get the conservation can be purchased on the Wyoming game and fish website. It has to be on your person if you get checked.

I have hunted area 46 both on private and public land. There is a Wick brothers area that the state leases and you can access it easily through McFadden. There is quite a bit of BLM land in that area but you will need a land status map to help you stay off of private land. There is also a parcel or two of state land in the area. You can PM me if you have any questions and I will help you all I can. We did not draw this year so I won't be out there. Good luck on your hunt.

Jaustin, PM sent!

Mekaniks thanks again for the info!!

Many store sell the stamp. We just buy it when we get there.
We stay at the Motel 6 in Rock Springs. The cost was $1 /day more than the KOA and I do not have to haul my travel trailer all that way. I can travel faster and use less gas. We usually eat out or at my friends in Rock Springs anyway.
You must wear one article of hunter orange. We wear a cap and the wardens have always been happy with that. You can wear a vest if you want or Orange coat/pants.

Well, I just returned from our DIY pronghorn hunt in Wyoming. I am hooked. I don't think it could have gone any better for public land. I maybe got a little shoot happy and didn't follow all the advise I received. (wait!!) I got mine the first afternoon. I should have probably waited for a bigger one, but I still enjoyed myself and still loved the experience. Got my dads the second day. Better pronghorn. (a little patience will pay off) So all in all I will probably do it again next year?
DSCN0621.JPG
DSCN0639.JPG

Congrats Rick, it looks like you are off to a flying start. And I think I warned you about antelope hunting being addicting.

Congratulations. Antelope hunting is addicting.

cool looking antelope ,rick congratulations to yourself and your dad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross