Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Dear AH members,

With Americase having stopped the production of gun cases, I'm turning to the AH members if someone has a used 2 or 3 gun wheeled Americase that they are willing to part with. I have a preference for the lighter 2-gun case, but will consider the 3-gun one.

I am located in Brussels / Belgium / Europe, so keep in mind that if you are located far away that the transport costs might get higher than the case itself. But we can investigate.

thanks a lot!

V.

1656675453029.png

Last edited:
If someone doesn’t want to deal with international shipping issues, I’ll take delivery in Illinois and figure out how to get it over to VertigoBE.
Much appreciated @rookhawk!

Guys,
Cancer calls, so I have a couple of Americases that might be of interest. One is an Aluma Trans case for single scoped rife (never used). The other is a once-used double case, the inside of which cannot be told from new. It has a couple of stickers pasted on the outside (appropriately one is a C.I.C. sticker that a Belgian brother would appreciate). The outside has some light honest handling wear, but still looks excellent and without any dents. I imagine the shipping would be expensive these days but will do my best to help get them to where they need to go. I would consider offers while I try to research what I paid for them. I have hunted in many locations worldwide and was never let down by an Americase. It really paid to have something to rely on when so much is invested in a hunt, travel, and the desire for kit that helped ensure a great experience. Attached are some pictures.

IMG_2559.jpg
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2561.jpg
IMG_2562.jpg
IMG_2563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
Cancer calls, so I have a couple of Americases that might be of interest. One is an Aluma Trans case for single scoped rife (never used). The other is a once-used double case, the inside of which cannot be told from new. It has a couple of stickers pasted on the outside (appropriately one is a C.I.C. sticker that a Belgian brother would appreciate). The outside has some light honest handling wear, but still looks excellent and without any dents. I imagine the shipping would be expensive these days but will do my best to help get them to where they need to go. I would consider offers while I try to research what I paid for them. I have hunted in many locations worldwide and was never let down by an Americase. It really paid to have something to rely on when so much is invested in a hunt, travel, and the desire for kit that helped ensure a great experience. Attached are some pictures.

View attachment 474269View attachment 474270View attachment 474271View attachment 474272View attachment 474273

@Mark Audino

I’ll take the two rifle case and will send you a pm for the details.

Edit: I might be interested in the single rifle case too, now that I see it is wheeled.

Last edited:
Thank you @rookhawk ! Much appreciated to let me have first chance on it !

It’s your ad my friend. Of course you get first shot on your own ad! I was just posting a backup offer if you wanted a 3-gun case instead.

I still need two more americases myself. I’ve had adverts posted here and elsewhere for awhile. 2-gun or 3-gun safari cases only.

Ironically, I used to be a dealer in these cases before they stopped manufacturing for the gun trade. There never was a better case. Even when they break, they can be repaired. When they are so horribly gouged from airline use over a decade, they can be covered in leather for careful domestic use. My last trashed americase was restored and covered in elephant leather and now is my domestic use case. Need to get more for international airline abuse.

You could sell 20 of those on here easy, really fine cases.

To that point, I’m going to call my contacts at Americase and ask how large a run (if any) would be required from them to make 3-gun safari cases.

If I could get them to agree to a run, I would come back to AH looking for commits. I believe the 3-gun AT Safari case was about $345 and it weighs 33lbs empty. Two guns and shooting sticks keeps it under the 50lb luggage rules. With three guns in it, it is still under the 70lb business class rules. Wonderful cases and easy to repair. I’ve replaced many wheels on them from typically airline damage. A drill and some pop rivets and they are good as new again.

To that point, I’m going to call my contacts at Americase and ask how large a run (if any) would be required from them to make 3-gun safari cases.

If I could get them to agree to a run, I would come back to AH looking for commits. I believe the 3-gun AT Safari case was about $345 and it weighs 33lbs empty. Two guns and shooting sticks keeps it under the 50lb luggage rules. With three guns in it, it is still under the 70lb business class rules. Wonderful cases and easy to repair. I’ve replaced many wheels on them from typically airline damage. A drill and some pop rivets and they are good as new again.

I would do that in a heartbeat.

I would do that in a heartbeat.
and just because a man can never have too many well built cases for his toys, next to this two-gun case, I'd sign up for one of those 3-gun ones too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.20.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.20.19 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.20.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.20.57 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.20.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.20.59 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.21.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 8.21.43 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Thanks @Major Bonkers I had seen those on auction too.
On eBay however, there are no wheeled ones currently.

The shipping website is a marvelous idea however. Would be much cheaper I guess than DHL/other. I just tried it on the website and the US v Belgium would be between 80 and 130£. So very reasonable.

Two bits of advice: (1) remove any US invoices when shipping from the US to Europe, in order to avoid having to pay import charges and VAT; (2) get the sender to cut up a cardboard box - especially at the corners - and sellotape the cardboard to the corners of the Americase.

FYI SKB in CA makes a 4 gun case w/ wheels. I have one and it's accompanied me on every single trip involving airlines since I bought it in 2007. Love using it for just 2 guns as they're even more protected, but often took 4 guns when traveling with my Son. They make a lighter, less durable model (son's bow case was punctured on a flight,) but I opted for the more expensive HD model.

@rookhawk, count me in for a 3 gun case if you get Americase to do the special run.

Guys,

View attachment 474269View attachment 474270View attachment 474271View attachment 474272View attachment 474273

Received the case in perfect condition today, buy from @Mark Audino with perfect confidence, he is one trustworthy and very interesting gentleman!

Image1659097961.712073.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.