WTB 450 No 2 3.5" Nitro Express Ammo

SauerDB

Reaction score
If you have any for sale or know of a source, please get in touch.

Have you considered handloading for the 450 NE No 2. You can get brass as well as bullets from Graf and Son and Midway USA. You can order Die sets from Huntington or Midway USA. You will also need a larger than standard reloading press. I have a RCBS Ammo Master reloading press. You will be investing a chunk of money to get set up but in the long run the savings will make it worth it.

The brass can be reloaded several times and this is not a caliber that you will be shooting in great volume. I can go to range and shoot 20 or 30 rounds out my 450 NE No 2 in one outing.

There is a decent amount of load data for the 450 NE No 2. I have data that I can post for you if are interested. I buy Kynoch foam fillers to keep the powder in place in the case and fill up the inside of this massive case.

Trying to find loaded ammo for this cartridge is a challenge and when you do the cost is steep. I would suggest you consider loading your own ammo. There is huge benefits in developing loads for your rifles as well. I have loaded for a 475 NE No 2 and I load for 450 NE No 2 now. It is not difficult to do and the savings makes it well worth it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 12.59.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 12.59.35 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 171
It's only 17 rounds, but it's an option:

Gunbroker: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/758109781

Not to hijack the thread, but I think 17 rounds left out of 20 tells the story of someone that bought this, fired it, decided that this was not the rifle for them and is trying to make back whatever they can on the deal. Sorry, just an idle thought!

Have you considered handloading for the 450 NE No 2. You can get brass as well as bullets from Graf and Son and Midway USA. You can order Die sets from Huntington or Midway USA. You will also need a larger than standard reloading press. I have a RCBS Ammo Master reloading press. You will be investing a chunk of money to get set up but in the long run the savings will make it worth it.

The brass can be reloaded several times and this is not a caliber that you will be shooting in great volume. I can go to range and shoot 20 or 30 rounds out my 450 NE No 2 in one outing.

There is a decent amount of load data for the 450 NE No 2. I have data that I can post for you if are interested. I buy Kynoch foam fillers to keep the powder in place in the case and fill up the inside of this massive case.

Trying to find loaded ammo for this cartridge is a challenge and when you do the cost is steep. I would suggest you consider loading your own ammo. There is huge benefits in developing loads for your rifles as well. I have loaded for a 475 NE No 2 and I load for 450 NE No 2 now. It is not difficult to do and the savings makes it well worth it.
Dear John,

An old post I can see, but I'm interested in any reload data for the 450 nr. 2.
If you are still on the platform and can help me out with this, I would be much obliged.

Best regards,
JB

I like to get the reloading data for the 450 nr2
Many thanks
Jozef Baert

u

I like to get the reloading data for the 450 nr2 many thanks Jozef baert

I like to get the reloading data for the 450 nr2 many thanks Jozef baert
Not trying to steal a thread but I have a little load data for the 450#2 also. I have extra Jamison brass as well if that helps anyone.

The 2 go-to loads I use:
500 gr North Fork, 92.0 gr of RL15 (2130 FPS)
500 gr Swift A Frame, 93.5 gr of RL15 (2070 FPS)
Rifle has 26” tubes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross