WTB: 450/400 3" nitro express brass

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
im buying a double rifle in 450/400 3" NE but cant seem to find any brass for this cartridge. if you have any you can part with or know where some can be had please let me know.

thank you
-Matt

im buying a double rifle in 450/400 3" NE but cant seem to find any brass for this cartridge. if you have any you can part with or know where some can be had please let me know.

thank you
-Matt

First advise - do NOT buy it. If you already made mistake as I did, then you will suffer.
Try Twinbore in William Nicol - they imported some brass for me but I bought only 60 Norma cases (for over R6000) and 40 have left. I am not sure if they still have them. For more info you can contact me directly.

interesting... why should I not buy a double rifle in 450-400 NE 3"?

I have long since already bought the rifle. as for brass, im always looking for more but I have a decent stock pile now at 114 pieces. some of my brass came from shooting factory ammo (60 of them) and the rest came from various online sources as once fired brass. Hornady is also supposed to be resuming production of brass for this cartridge soon so it will be more available later this year.

-matt

Nothing wrong with the caliber, but to get components to start reloading was very frustrating for me - in South Africa. If you are based in USA, then is another story.
When I bought the rifle in SA, nobody had brass or Hornady factory ammo. After few months I managed to buy dies and borrow brass from fellow shooter. Nobody had shell holder either, so I imported it from USA (Natchez). After 7 months nobody still have factory ammo nor brass, except for one batch of Norma brass that is 100% more expensive than any other brass. If I bought .470 for example, I could buy everything and it is much cheaper.
Where/what is "shooting factory ammo"

According to Sabatti, they are regulated with Hornady factory ammo.

dunno what to say, mine doesn't regulate well with Hornady factory ammunition. still a work in progress but I had some luck with 75gr of W760 under a 400gr Swift A-frame.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross