Wrangler introduces Jeep's first electric-powered vehicle

Fred Gunner

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
The Wrangler 4xe can go 25 miles on electricity before a 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine takes over. Drivers can choose to have an engine-powered generator recharge the batteries (at a higher fuel consumption rate), although it would take about 2.5 hours at 45 to 55 mph (72.4 to 88.5 kilometers per hour) to fully replenish them.

image-jpeg.jpg

The Wrangler 4xe, due in showrooms early next year, will have a 375 horsepower available if electric and gas motors are used at the same time, and the company says it will get the equivalent of 50 miles per gallon of gasoline (21.3 kilometers per liter). It can also run in a hybrid mode, switching between gasoline and electricity to get the most efficiency.

It's not clear if there's a big market yet for a plug-in Wrangler, or any electric vehicles for that matter, said Guidehouse analyst Sam Abuelsamid. Last year in the U.S., only 310,000 plug-in hybrid and fully electric vehicles were sold, less than 2% of the market.

But the plug-in Wrangler does hold some appeal.

I'm knot a Hybrid Fan....This electric Wrangler would make the Purrrr hunting vehicle. So quiet you could drive up and club the deer...Not that I would ever hunt from a vehicle...every hunter knows that's unethical??!!

For the "urban outdoorsman" it looks like just the thing. Maybe a pigeon or rat shoot down by the park, or for viewing native unrest in the streets near the courthouse.

For the real world between the coasts - something of a stupid concept.

Rather fond of my 6.7 liter V8 in the F-250 and the 5 liter Supercharged V8 in the Range Rover.

I fail to see what utility this has. 25 miles on electricity, which out in my location, will not even get me to the mountain roads. A marketing idea to get the snow-flakes to buy that Jeep they always wanted, but were afraid of the criticism of AOC and their friends and fellow rioters......? Am in the market for a Jeep, so article was interesting...thanks for posting....................FWB

I wonder if this thing will still be around doing safaris in 70 years time? Landy rules! I admit , we did fit a cigarette lighter for the cell phone,
B833670E-2C0E-443D-B8B2-AC9757B59322.jpeg
so that sort of qualifies it as a modern hybrid???

That "25 miles" is not likely achieved uphill in rugged terrain.
More likely downhill on a smooth road with a tailwind.

25 miles is a misprint,... 250 miles is ok.

HWL

Still totally impractical for it's intended purpose, if that purpose is hunting and offroad stuff.

"25 miles on electricity" is also stated by "Motor Authority", "Car and Driver", and "CNET Roadshow"....But now 250 miles, that had me Jerry Maguire'd.......FWB

Thanks, my ‘69 FJ40 rebuild is coming along nicely, I think I’ll stick with that. I suspect that you have to sew lace and tassels on your hunting duds if you drive one of these snowflake mobiles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.19.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.19.24 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.19.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.19.27 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.19.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.19.30 AM.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 82
I assume this a joke? You would have to set up dozens (hundreds?) In series to charge an automobile - needs a bit more juice than a phone.

Since it is an “outdoors” vehicle, maybe a collapsible solar array is the answer. o_O
Well you know us Aggies. We are so dumb we don't know what we can't do. However, in this case the appropriate smiley face did not show up.

;)

I must admit, though, there is one of these stoves in my tornado shelter. They do charge your phone but you will have to burn some wood. :)

Well you know us Aggies. We are so dumb we don't know what we can't do. However, in this case the appropriate smiley face did not show up.

;)

I must admit, though, there is one of these stoves in my tornado shelter. They do charge your phone but you will have to burn some wood. :)
Dude - I was worried about you for a moment. I will admit to a fold up solar panel for my SAT Phone. :cool:

I'm presuming there must be some legislative requirement for manufacturers to offer an electric option to balance the brands net emissions and this is the token attempt?

I mean, of all the vehicles from all the brands in all the countries of the world, this seems like just about the least likely to sell any units.

I reckon you'd have more luck selling pork to the UAE.

Al.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg