Would you?

Do you like the “freaks”?

• Yes

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
866A8DF0-C6F6-4BD8-8C7E-8090B348BB62.jpeg

Here’s one for the pronghorn freak lovers. A little over 16” on the normal horn and 18” on the drop horn. Had to talk Dale into shooting him! Once in a lifetime speed goat. Told him he would never get another chance at a freak this big. Jet black nose and cheek piece. Old buck.

No question would nock it over in a heartbeat.

It would depend on the tag I had. If it were an easy to get tag in Wyoming, I'd absolutely take the buck. If it were a hard to get tag in Oregon, I dont think he quite makes the grade. I'd definitely have the glass on him to really try to size him up. But by judging only from the first photo, no. I say this as I look at the three beauties in my living room. I love the pronghorn.

Archery: Yes
Muzzleloader: Yes
Easy Wyoming tag: Yes
Tough hard to draw trophy unit: No

Antelope is my favorite NA meat. So long as he didn’t appear sick, I would definitely shoot.

View attachment 385006
Here’s one for the pronghorn freak lovers. A little over 16” on the normal horn and 18” on the drop horn. Had to talk Dale into shooting him! Once in a lifetime speed goat. Told him he would never get another chance at a freak this big. Jet black nose and cheek piece. Old buck.
I had already commented on this picture when I saw it earlier this week! I'd have DEFINITELY taken him!!

I'll take a "freak" especailly if I already have shot one of that particular species in the past.

Dunno. Depends on whether a "normal" one was standing right next to it, how tired I was and whether my wife thought it would look good mounted on the wall. I'm going to have to think about it some...

IMG_20181102_011613.jpg

Here's my Gemsbok from my first safari. It was one of my priority animals. I looked at a "package" and asked to switch the Hartebeest for a Gemsbok before deciding to buy. When I went back for the second time I had no plans to shoot another. But when I saw this one, I wanted it almost immediately!
IMG_20190426_141332.jpg

Definitely I have 5 goats now and this would be a great addition.

I might not be dealing with a full deck, but I have two answers. North American game - Yes. African game - No. Unless it was a highly discounted cull.
I live in a province with an excellent variety of wildlife, except the mountain and Arctic species. I have killed several typicals of whitetail, mule deer, pronghorn, black bear and moose (have only shot a cow elk so far) and would shoot an oddball specimen gladly.
For African game however, I want a specimen that looks like it's supposed to look as that may be the only one I am ever able to hunt. The exception would be if I was on a cull hunt, or happened upon a particular animal that the outfitter wanted removed from the population. And at that, I would want a substantial discount.

I remember bill c killed a wicked awesome red hartebeest-it was his avatar pick for awhile. I always thought it was amazing

View attachment 385410
Here's my Gemsbok from my first safari. It was one of my priority animals. I looked at a "package" and asked to switch the Hartebeest for a Gemsbok before deciding to buy. When I went back for the second time I had no plans to shoot another. But when I saw this one, I wanted it almost immediately!
View attachment 385411
now that's one fast oryx

Definitely quick, however I imagine the extreme heat had softened them a bit which helped I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois