Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
866A8DF0-C6F6-4BD8-8C7E-8090B348BB62.jpeg

Here’s one for the pronghorn freak lovers. A little over 16” on the normal horn and 18” on the drop horn. Had to talk Dale into shooting him! Once in a lifetime speed goat. Told him he would never get another chance at a freak this big. Jet black nose and cheek piece. Old buck.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
No question would nock it over in a heartbeat.

Brent in Az

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
USA - Az, NM, CO, MT, MN.
I wouldn't hesitate. I like the freaky horned trophies.

HuntingGold

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
South Africa, United States (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California and Wyoming)
It would depend on the tag I had. If it were an easy to get tag in Wyoming, I'd absolutely take the buck. If it were a hard to get tag in Oregon, I dont think he quite makes the grade. I'd definitely have the glass on him to really try to size him up. But by judging only from the first photo, no. I say this as I look at the three beauties in my living room. I love the pronghorn.

Archery: Yes
Muzzleloader: Yes
Easy Wyoming tag: Yes
Tough hard to draw trophy unit: No

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Antelope is my favorite NA meat. So long as he didn’t appear sick, I would definitely shoot.

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
View attachment 385006
Here’s one for the pronghorn freak lovers. A little over 16” on the normal horn and 18” on the drop horn. Had to talk Dale into shooting him! Once in a lifetime speed goat. Told him he would never get another chance at a freak this big. Jet black nose and cheek piece. Old buck.
I had already commented on this picture when I saw it earlier this week! I'd have DEFINITELY taken him!!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I'll take a "freak" especailly if I already have shot one of that particular species in the past.

BigSteve57

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA, Local gun clubs & shooting range.
Hunted
USA(GA,MD,MT,PA,TN), Namibia
Dunno. Depends on whether a "normal" one was standing right next to it, how tired I was and whether my wife thought it would look good mounted on the wall. I'm going to have to think about it some...

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
IMG_20181102_011613.jpg

Here's my Gemsbok from my first safari. It was one of my priority animals. I looked at a "package" and asked to switch the Hartebeest for a Gemsbok before deciding to buy. When I went back for the second time I had no plans to shoot another. But when I saw this one, I wanted it almost immediately!
IMG_20190426_141332.jpg

Hagar

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Definitely I have 5 goats now and this would be a great addition.

Ragman

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
I might not be dealing with a full deck, but I have two answers. North American game - Yes. African game - No. Unless it was a highly discounted cull.
I live in a province with an excellent variety of wildlife, except the mountain and Arctic species. I have killed several typicals of whitetail, mule deer, pronghorn, black bear and moose (have only shot a cow elk so far) and would shoot an oddball specimen gladly.
For African game however, I want a specimen that looks like it's supposed to look as that may be the only one I am ever able to hunt. The exception would be if I was on a cull hunt, or happened upon a particular animal that the outfitter wanted removed from the population. And at that, I would want a substantial discount.

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I remember bill c killed a wicked awesome red hartebeest-it was his avatar pick for awhile. I always thought it was amazing

Neil Molendyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,CCFR
Hunted
Alberta Canada,Saskatchewan Canada, Namibia, Limpopo RSA, Eastern Cape RSA
View attachment 385410
Here's my Gemsbok from my first safari. It was one of my priority animals. I looked at a "package" and asked to switch the Hartebeest for a Gemsbok before deciding to buy. When I went back for the second time I had no plans to shoot another. But when I saw this one, I wanted it almost immediately!
View attachment 385411
now that's one fast oryx

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Definitely quick, however I imagine the extreme heat had softened them a bit which helped I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffersonV

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh