Would you consider booking with a hunting outfitter who is not a member of PHASA?

Would you consider booking with a hunting outfitter who is not a member of PHASA?

• Total voters
Thought I'd bump this thread up to the top. If PHASA won't even self police why would anyone consider membership when picking an outfitter?

Hi Guys

As I said in my post " JP and Mozambique Hunt" this is a crook. I laid a formal complaint with PHASA 6 weeks ago and stil havent heard anything. What tickles me as well -- In the African Hunting Gazette ( www.africahuntinggazette.com ) Visited and Verified section he is LISTED!!!
Will contact Marianne at PHASA again to find out whats happening

Regards

PS: STAY AWAY form Juan Pace and Mr Yateman

I've also seen several PHASA members openly discussing captive bred lion hunts recently. I have no issue with the hunt itself. My question is this - if the members have no respect for PHASA and its rules why should I? So unless I missed it and PHASA now supports these hunts the members are in violation of rule by being involved in the hunts. Anyone heard of PHASA enforcing their stance with members and revoking outfitter membership for farm lion hunts?

As far as I know Juan Pace is still a PHASA member. I don't like to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but that raises a question about the integrity of the organization.

As far as I know Juan Pace is still a PHASA member. I don't like to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but that raises a question about the integrity of the organization.

Agree - it is the trend that concerns me. All bark and no bite. Threatened discipline to members, who summarily ignore, knowing that nothing will be done it seems.

It would not matter to me....They only thing that would , would be if he doesn't support all types of hunting. ALL types that would included captive bred lions hunting and all game farming that included introduced game to an area. It would be tough for him. He'd have to bite his tongue for the whole time I was in camp. Agree or not, I Support of all types of hunting is my number one concern. I care to hunt with people I have things in common with.....I support any legal hunting or harvesting of a renewable resource and the right for those that choose to participate in do just that.....

As mentioned in another thread, this matter is getting the necessary attention. In all things legal though , due process is required.
This matter was discussed in detail at the last EXCO meeting.
hunting regards

As mentioned in another thread, this matter is getting the necessary attention. In all things legal though , due process is required.
This matter was discussed in detail at the last EXCO meeting.
hunting regards

Good on you for following through Dave!

Thought I'd bump this thread up to the top. If PHASA won't even self police why would anyone consider membership when picking an outfitter?

I've also seen several PHASA members openly discussing captive bred lion hunts recently. I have no issue with the hunt itself. My question is this - if the members have no respect for PHASA and its rules why should I? So unless I missed it and PHASA now supports these hunts the members are in violation of rule by being involved in the hunts. Anyone heard of PHASA enforcing their stance with members and revoking outfitter membership for farm lion hunts?

Hi Royal
PHASA is currently sending out letters to PHASA members who are involved with lion breeding/hunting. Many have not renewed their subscriptions or have resigned but are still listed as members.
In the next few months when the dust settles we will have a more accurate idea of the membership.
Warm regards

Hi Royal
PHASA is currently sending out letters to PHASA members who are involved with lion breeding/hunting. Many have not renewed their subscriptions or have resigned but are still listed as members.
In the next few months when the dust settles we will have a more accurate idea of the membership.
Warm regards

Good Dave. Thank you for the update!

This and some movement on the Pace ordeal would make me feel better.

I'm just generally distrusting of organizations almost as much as governments......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg