Would this firearm cause a Ruger #1 Guy to sort of smile?

Jfet

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, and now Tajikistan
Looks like fun to shoot, but it would get expensive quickly!

As a Ruger #1 owner it really wouldn't make me smile to compare both.

However it would be fun to shoot one of them but costly at the price of ammo these days.

Jfet, thanks for sharing. I don't know how much of a comparison there is between it and a Ruger No.1, but the similarities between it and an H&K MP-5 come to mind.;);)
I was not trying to compare the firearms. I just think it would be fun to watch a hard core fan of Ruger #1 rifles shoot the firearm in the video and then try not to smile after dumping the magazine. I admit that the title of the thread is click bait to get ya’ll to watch the video. Just watching it made me smile. I hope it has made ya’ll smile, too.

I just fail to see what this has to do with a Ruger nº1

The small auto carbines are always a hoot to shoot, but my favorite sub gun is a Thompson.
@AZDAVE
I agree mate why thow pebbles when you can throw house bricks.
If'n it needs to be stopped in a hurry only a 45 will do.

It looks like it fires from an open bolt?
I’m a #1 guy & I keep thinking of all that brass I’d have to pick up to reload & I’m sure some would be lost?
fun to watch though, thanks for sharing.
A lot of guns from WW1 and WW2 era fired from an open bolt. I won't go into the reasons, but suffice to say that it was easier to manufacture.

Some famous examples of open bolt firing guns are the BAR, Bren Light Machine Gun, MP40, Sten Submachine Gun and the Uzi.

@Jfet - Thanks for sharing. Cool video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,