World's Coolest Safari Internet Yard Sale - Part II (Guns & Cases)

PMs sent to @Nevada Mike and @double rifle newbie if you’d like to contact me with gun measurements and I can real time walk through what I have or we can video chat so you can see similar guns in the cases to visualize fit.

I think I have the perfect case for the Lindner, one of the hardest cases to find as Germans didn’t do Brit style cases for them, the American importers did.

@VertigoBE and @Bob Nelson 35Whelen . I know you’re both long-term members of the forum so you’re not working some elaborate international scam. I would be willing to sell them to you both but I would need to have an agent of yours pick them up or ship them to a US agent.

Put another way, I’m not smart enough to get items to Belgium or Australia, but if you have someone that can do that for you in the States, I’d be happy to send something to them.

I think I’m not smart enough to work some elaborate international scam! :D

Do you have any cases with Mauser on them ?
I’ll find out about my rifles length as well when I have some time tomorrow.

However I do not know anyone in the us who could forward. Let’s first see if there is an item and a deal. We’ll figure the logistics out later.

.410 was sold to @Randy F and rifle slip sold to @Nevada Mike

Found a few other cases floating around too. I have a very rare Purdey motor case for a pair of guns (or a single action and two barrels). Exterior of motor case is embossed with the Purdey details. (a rare example of a case actually made specifically for a maker)

Hello Everyone,

A quick update as I did a bit of cleaning up on cases and a few sales happened.

What I have available:

Green Canvas and Leather Brady Case - New Old Stock. Plum Baise interior. Never held a gun before. Made circa 1965. Leather maker’s label (you can remove it, they are valuable in their own right) for Webley & Greener (combined entities at that time). The case will accommodate a 24“27” side by side double rifle or 28 gauge / .410 shotgun. It’s the finest example of new old stock you’ll find anywhere.

A mid-century canvas shotgun case. Olive canvas, leather corners. Straps need replacement. Will accommodate 25-27.5” 12/16/20 gauge shotgun or a double rifle.

An Original circa 1905 Holland and Holland heavy canvas and leather case for a single shot rifle. Includes some valuable accessories and an original H&H leather label.

A mid-century or newer case for a Verney Carron Double rifle or shotgun with up to 30” barrels. Includes makers label.

A new old stock mid-century “mint color” canvas and leather Brady case. Has many unused accessories. Will handle up to a 30” barreled 12 Or 16 bore side by side or a large bore double rifle. Has plenty of extra red baize to custom block a gun for final fitting. Extraordinary new old stock.

1905-1930 True double rifle case for a 26” barreled double rifle. Originally a .333 Jefferey Rimmed. Best quality. Purpose built double rifle Cases are extremely rare. Red baize interior. No Makers label evidently ever applied.

A VLG/VLA/Abercrombie and Fitch case for a shotgun. 30” barrels. All leather. Rounded corners on exterior.

A new old stock all leather english case for up to 32” barrels and a single double rifle or shotgun.

A new old stock pigskin exterior pair case for two side by side guns.

*Not for sale - Modern Spanish shotgun case.

*Sold 1950s Browning Tolex case for a 20 gauge Browning Superposed

A purdey motor case for up to 20” barrels. One action, two barrel compartments. Would work with many shotguns or double rifles. Needs replacement straps. RARE.

Abercrombie & Fitch full length rifle case. As new. Brass corners. Red baize interior. A&F leather label internally, A&F badge externally. Tan leather.

*Sold - Two barrel, one action, Double rifle or shotgun case. New old stock. Tan. Unused mid-century.

A08D9990-AB82-4515-B126-521F0C288C47.jpeg
02952A65-E9E2-4C5F-9BB5-EE00F95CD9A1.jpeg
B3A4A902-D728-4107-B415-BB131934AAB2.jpeg
F669AC00-B575-428C-9EF9-F03B8377E5DD.jpeg

Forgot to mention, still have the following guns too:

Guns:

Remington Model 24, semi-auto .22LR. 95% plus original condition. $750

Hand built 50 or 54 caliber musket Kentucky rifle built by a gun maker that wrote a lot of articles for Gun Digest in the 70s. (as new) $300

Winchester Model 1892 in 25-20 WCF. Saddle Ring Carbine. 95%+++ original condition. Nicest one I’ve seen on the Net whether for sale now or at auction previously. $5000.

1896 Krag Jorgensen 30-40 Krag rifle. 1896 cartouches. Springfield. I believe it was unissued. Externally NRA Antique 90%+. Internally spotless. Excellent+ bore. No patina on the bolt face. $2400

1899 Savage 250-3000 Takedown. Circa 1926. Excellent bore. 90%+ condition. Stock freshened. Original finish throughout very strong. 5 boxes of premium ammunition. Lyman folding peep sight and its box, purchased as NOS on eBay for $500. Sierra and Hornady bullets (hundreds). About the nicest one I’ve seen and nicer than all the ones on the typical gun collector sites. $2650.

Looking for cases for a Webley & Scott 450 Express, a Chapuis 9.3x74R, a Browning Olympian in 475 Capstick and a Ruger Red Label O/U with original 20 ga bbls and a set of 375 Flanged 2 1/2 barrels.

Thank you for checking,

Andre`

Looking for cases for a Webley & Scott 450 Express, a Chapuis 9.3x74R, a Browning Olympian in 475 Capstick and a Ruger Red Label O/U with original 20 ga bbls and a set of 375 Flanged 2 1/2 barrels.

Thank you for checking,

Andre`

PM sent.

What's left as of today:

Green Canvas and Leather Brady Case - New Old Stock. Plum Baise interior. Never held a gun before. Made circa 1965. Leather maker’s label (you can remove it, they are valuable in their own right) for Webley & Greener (combined entities at that time). The case will accommodate a 24"-27” side by side double rifle or 28 gauge / .410 shotgun. It’s the finest example of new old stock you’ll find anywhere.
$1000.

A mid-century canvas shotgun case. Olive canvas, leather corners. Straps need replacement. Will accommodate 25-27.5” 12/16/20 gauge shotgun or a double rifle.
$500

A mid-century or newer case for a Verney Carron Double rifle or shotgun with up to 30” barrels. Includes makers label.
$300

1905-1930 True double rifle case for a 26” barreled double rifle. Originally a .333 Jefferey Rimmed. Best quality. Purpose-built double rifle Cases are extremely rare. Red baize interior. No Makers label evidently ever applied.
$1500

A new old stock all leather English case for up to 32” barrels and a single double rifle or shotgun.
$1000

A new old stock pigskin exterior pair case for two side-by-side guns.
$1000

A Purdey motor case for up to 20” barrels. One action, two-barrel compartments. Would work with many shotguns or double rifles. Needs replacement straps. RARE. NOTE. It is off the market temporarily as it has been sent out for restoration/conservation. New straps. Touch up of damage to corners from age. New metal feet. Etc.
$1200 restored.

Two Elephant Leather Gun slips. These have increased in price since prior advertising. (I can't delete the older advert) It appears they were significantly underpriced. $750 for either remaining.

IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_5323.JPG

**Postscript: Forgot to mention the ostrich or simulated ostrich case. Not sure which. Needs some interior work as some of the partitions are loose. Forest Green baize. Will accommodate 26"-28" barrels. $300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg