World's Coolest Safari Internet Yard Sale - Part II (Guns & Cases)

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Friends,

As I look across my office, I realize I’m piled so high in “Excess treasures” I cannot see my desks at the moment. I think I need to create a “World’s coolest Internet - Safari Yard Sale, Part II” to move stuff along.

This time, I’m going to feature guns, gun cases, and gun slips in the yard sale as I’m overflowing with guns I do not use to the point I have not a single rack, cabinet, safe, or peg to hold them all. No idea if these types of guns are of interest to the folks on here, but here they are.

IMG_5112.JPG

Guns:

Remington Model 24, semi-auto .22LR. 95% plus original condition. $750

Hand built 50 or 54 caliber musket Kentucky rifle built by a gun maker that wrote a lot of articles for Gun Digest in the 70s. (as new) $300

Stevens Model 240 Over/Under .410 Shotgun. WWII era. 90%+ condition. 3” original chambers. Excellent condition with the rarest stock, the bakelite wartime model. $650.

Winchester Model 1892 in 25-20 WCF. Saddle Ring Carbine. 95%+++ original condition. Nicest one I’ve seen on the Net whether for sale now or at auction previously. $5000.

1896 Krag Jorgensen 30-40 Krag rifle. 1896 cartouches. Springfield. I believe it was unissued. Externally NRA Antique 90%+. Internally spotless. Excellent+ bore. No patina on the bolt face. $2400

1899 Savage 250-3000 Takedown. Circa 1926. Excellent bore. 90%+ condition. Stock freshened. Original finish throughout very strong. 5 boxes of premium ammunition. Lyman folding peep sight and its box, purchased as NOS on eBay for $500. Sierra and Hornady bullets (hundreds). About the nicest one I’ve seen and nicer than all the ones on the typical gun collector sites. $2650.

Gun Cases:

A pile of vintage English and American take down cases for many shotgun, single shot, double rifles, and pairs. Many with their original maker’s labels. Some oak and leather. Some canvas and leather. Some leather. Examples include an H&H single shot rifle case. A .333 Jefferey Double Rifle case. Webley cases. Chapuis cases. Purdey Motor Cases. Cases cases cases. Eras range from 1890s through 1950s. Many have accessories in them potentially worth more than the case itself. About a dozen of them. Browning. Von Langerke & Antoinne, Von Langerke & Detmold. Abercrombie & Fitch. Give me the gauge/caliber and configuration of your guns and I’ll let you know what cases I have to fit. Many unused New Old Stock from the war era. Various prices from $200-$950.

If there is interest, I’ll slowly start posting more photos of the guns, cases and accessories. PM me if you want me to accelerate posting of particular items on this thread and I’ll get right to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The photo's haven't even downloaded yet and I am gobstopped...

Are those falcon hoods sitting on the one gun case?

Edit, I should have noticed the books in the picture before asking. Very cool.

Are those falcon hoods sitting on the one gun case?

Yes. I've got about 100 of them in my office. Also, the 3rd largest private collection of falconry books in the nation I'm told. Since I've got more warehoused in boxes than I have on display, if you want something let me know.

-yes, I was a bachelor with disposable income for a long time before I had kids. 90% of my money I spent on hunting, hawking, fishing, cars, hot chicks, guns, motorcycles and the like, the remaining 10% I wasted.

Do you happen to have rifle slips or additional soft cases?

Hi @Andrew Short . have two elephant slips and one that is sueded that might be elephant or hippo (but can't guarantee which by the texture). As new. All are to accommodate scoped rifles.

Item 7 – Elephant Gun case. 44”x9.5” for scoped or unscoped double rifle or drilling. Zippered. REDUCED $500. (Please note: The $1000 elephant cases you see occasionally have tiny patches of elephant, this is entirely elephant)

Item 8 - Elephant Gun case. 53”x9” for scoped rifle. Zippered. REDUCED $500. (Please note: The $1000 elephant cases you see occasionally have tiny patches of elephant, this is entirely elephant)

Item 9 - Elephant Gun case. 49”x10” for scoped rifle. Zippered. REDUCED $400.

Have a AyA 20 ga SxS which case do you think. Prefer an old one with character
don

Hello @Don Hinton. Private message me the following info and I'll look to see what might work. Barrel length. Side by side or over /under. Indicate if the barrel has a doll's head, third bite, or other protuberance at the breech making it longer than the barrels, length of the stocked action from butt plate to front of the unassembled action. If you know the barrel width at widest and narrowest points that is extra helpful. Also, indicate if its a splinter forend or an enlarged "sugar loaf" or "beaver tail" forend as those occur occasionally with AyAs.

Hi @rookhawk , pretty amazing collection you have there. Would you be willing to send international ?

@VertigoBE and @Bob Nelson 35Whelen . I know you’re both long-term members of the forum so you’re not working some elaborate international scam. I would be willing to sell them to you both but I would need to have an agent of yours pick them up or ship them to a US agent.

Put another way, I’m not smart enough to get items to Belgium or Australia, but if you have someone that can do that for you in the States, I’d be happy to send something to them.

Hi @Andrew Short . have two elephant slips and one that is sueded that might be elephant or hippo (but can't guarantee which by the texture). As new. All are to accommodate scoped rifles.

Item 7 – Elephant Gun case. 44”x9.5” for scoped or unscoped double rifle or drilling. Zippered. REDUCED $500. (Please note: The $1000 elephant cases you see occasionally have tiny patches of elephant, this is entirely elephant)

Item 8 - Elephant Gun case. 53”x9” for scoped rifle. Zippered. REDUCED $500. (Please note: The $1000 elephant cases you see occasionally have tiny patches of elephant, this is entirely elephant)

Item 9 - Elephant Gun case. 49”x10” for scoped rifle. Zippered. REDUCED $400.
I would like to see some pictures of these when you have a chance.

A couple people wrote me saying they had 26” barreled double rifles and wanted a case. I took a picture of my double rifle with 24” barrels in several cases that I thought would work for others. Here is the info and pictures of those 4 cases for others perspectives.

Here's what I came up with for you.

1.) Economical Mid century Verney Carron case. The hinged door is loose and needs to be glued which is a simple repair. There is plenty of room for the barrels, a block on the end will result in good fit for your 26.5". (mine are 24.5") $275 plus shipping.

2.) Nice compact case that is "toe under". This was internally never used. Just put the straps on the outside for the photos. Never held a gun before. There is slight mildew on the right side exterior of the case. Gentle work with white vinegar will remove most of it from the leather. Plenty of room for the barrels. A block on the end would ensure perfect fit at the muzzle. $550 plus shipping.

3.) Beautiful .333 Jeffery Double Rifle case. Brass corners and english brass lock. Doesn't fit mine very well due to my oversized, NON-splinter forend and my 15.5" length of pull is a bit tight, a block would need to be removed. You could get it fitted for fairly reasonable money. It's the real deal. Still has a .333 Jefferey Rimmed spent brass in the case. $850.

4.) This is a New old stock englsh canvas case. The staining on the outside looks a bit rough, but its actually the highest quality of its kind of seen in 30 years of collecting and I've owned 30+ of this type of case from England. They fade to forest green with UV and dirt, this one is still mint green. It still has many accessories inside including oil bottle (worth about $125). Wood and brass cleaning rod. Jags. Bore brush/chamber brush, and a mop. Presently has 12 gauge snap caps in it also, Straps are compromised but I have new old stock straps I would include as well. The new straps would cover the dye staining stripes on the outside of the case from the original straps that are compromised but also included. includes lots of spare wool baise for perfect blocking and fitting to a gun. Also the keys to the lock. Internally pristine. $585 without accessories, $700 with all the accessories.

E6B11558-D1DE-4017-A67A-EC074F154527.jpeg
429ADF39-61BE-4FD4-9EEB-D895DF27E5DB.jpeg
D32501BE-C290-4B35-9A72-CDD0B762D0F7.jpeg
329F0B33-E589-440B-8655-FEF08ECEE901.jpeg
B5DFECF5-BB34-49DB-A4D7-8B44CFCCB617.jpeg
8BB33767-1DCD-4462-A770-F62CCC8B96F4.jpeg
0C311F22-3AA9-4FBC-975D-DB64E708C13F.jpeg
946EF8CF-1393-4F31-89DA-1D92A015CC3E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
RookHawk

I would like to find leather cases for two of my shotguns... could be lightweight or wedge cases like the Henry Atkin in the cases below. Prefer NOT oak and leather, but all leather.

Jos. Harkom 16 ga. SXS straight grip & 27" barrels.

Lindner Daly 20 ga. semi pistol grip, 28-1/2" barrels.

Atkin in case.JPG

If you have case labels for either Jos. Harkom and Son or Shoverling, Daly & Gales (NYC) I would be very interested in these.

Mike

Friends,

As I look across my office, I realize I’m piled so high in “Excess treasures” I cannot see my desks at the moment. I think I need to create a “World’s coolest Internet - Safari Yard Sale, Part II” to move stuff along.

This time, I’m going to feature guns, gun cases, and gun slips in the yard sale as I’m overflowing with guns I do not use to the point I have not a single rack, cabinet, safe, or peg to hold them all. No idea if these types of guns are of interest to the folks on here, but here they are.

View attachment 417597

Guns:

Remington Model 24, semi-auto .22LR. 95% plus original condition. $750

Hand built 50 or 54 caliber musket Kentucky rifle built by a gun maker that wrote a lot of articles for Gun Digest in the 70s. (as new) $300

Stevens Model 240 Over/Under .410 Shotgun. WWII era. 90%+ condition. 3” original chambers. Excellent condition with the rarest stock, the bakelite wartime model. $650.

Winchester Model 1892 in 25-20 WCF. Saddle Ring Carbine. 95%+++ original condition. Nicest one I’ve seen on the Net whether for sale now or at auction previously. $5000.

1896 Krag Jorgensen 30-40 Krag rifle. 1896 cartouches. Springfield. I believe it was unissued. Externally NRA Antique 90%+. Internally spotless. Excellent+ bore. No patina on the bolt face. $2400

1899 Savage 250-3000 Takedown. Circa 1926. Excellent bore. 90%+ condition. Stock freshened. Original finish throughout very strong. 5 boxes of premium ammunition. Lyman folding peep sight and its box, purchased as NOS on eBay for $500. Sierra and Hornady bullets (hundreds). About the nicest one I’ve seen and nicer than all the ones on the typical gun collector sites. $2650.

Gun Cases:

A pile of vintage English and American take down cases for many shotgun, single shot, double rifles, and pairs. Many with their original maker’s labels. Some oak and leather. Some canvas and leather. Some leather. Examples include an H&H single shot rifle case. A .333 Jefferey Double Rifle case. Webley cases. Chapuis cases. Purdey Motor Cases. Cases cases cases. Eras range from 1890s through 1950s. Many have accessories in them potentially worth more than the case itself. About a dozen of them. Browning. Von Langerke & Antoinne, Von Langerke & Detmold. Abercrombie & Fitch. Give me the gauge/caliber and configuration of your guns and I’ll let you know what cases I have to fit. Many unused New Old Stock from the war era. Various prices from $200-$950.

If there is interest, I’ll slowly start posting more photos of the guns, cases and accessories. PM me if you want me to accelerate posting of particular items on this thread and I’ll get right to it.
hi. im intetested in double rifle cases for two tjat i have. please let me know any particulars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!