Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Nam, Zim, Mos, Oz and RSA
Well the auction will conclude today. Current price seems to be around the half million South African Rands. Any takers?
The Njala has been darted and measured 35inches.

3447_4349472608104_775815873_n.jpg3447_4349472608104_775815873_n.jpg

Well the auction will conclude today. Current price seems to be around the half million South African Rands. Any takers?
The Njala has been darted and measured 35inches.

View attachment 14522View attachment 14522

All for someone making a buck, but this kind of thing is terrible for our sport. Friend of mine has an operation in Namibia. A European sport asked him to "arrange" a rhino. One was dutifully and legally acquired at auction and released on a high-fennced ranch. When the week of the scheduled "hunt" arrived, the man was too busy, and asked the PH to shoot it for him. My friend had his spouse do the deed and the "trophy" was shipped off. It no doubt resides in some estate where the "hunter" can awe visitors with tales of the chase. Not sure how he rationalizes the lack of hero photos. Pathetic.

This is NOT hunting anymore....... Its like shopping! Choosing sizes as you want to. Its BAD for the hunting industry.

As in other places...The new Billionaires are edging out the millionaires...

It is taking place all over the world and it seems like it is moving to hunting also...

Just look at all the tags being sold at conventions...you cannot find fault with the state game and fish when they can sell a tag for $100,000 or more...the number of these tags has risen due to the demand for them...

That's crazy expensive!!!

its sad is what it is .
i hope who ever so desparetely wants a world record trophy on the wall hangs a photo of the cheque beside it ....
one of the two should get a response from they re friends

:laughing: Good one.

I know I'm going to start a fire storm here but- All it takes to be a Diamond level hunter is $$$$$$$$$$$.

Incredible animal. I hope he gets into someones breeding program and not just a quick trophy.

I won't be in on this auction. Thanks Andries.

Surely this is a breeder and not a trophy to be shot! Would be some great gene's in your stock.

I really think SCI should go to fair chase only records like B&C. I have no issues with folks shooting trophys on high fenced areas, but putting them in the record book is ridiculous. I think going fair chase would prevent this crap.

I really think SCI should go to fair chase only records like B&C. I have no issues with folks shooting trophys on high fenced areas, but putting them in the record book is ridiculous. I think going fair chase would prevent this crap.

Jaco here we go again with the high fence fair chase issue. :rolleyes: and bob i agree most of these expensive auction animals will be for breeding. some will go for hunting because a very very small percentage of people can and will pay for something they want, but isnt that capitalism, supply and demand? i would love to be able to get some of our sable to south africa and put them in the auctions. i would have no problem with people paying rand 10 million plus for each one!!:whoo:

I think SCI should introduce the same system in Africa as in the USA. There should be a difference between Estate and free-range. For the record: this bull will be used for breeding. The current owner insist

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg