Working Rifle

You know that rifle that comes out when its time to show off around the camp fire.
Not that one.
The one you took the Kudu with while resting against the ant heap. The one with the thorn scratches on the stock and the flat spot on the bottom where you fell when the Warthog ran between your legs in fright.
Maybe that one.

Those marks are called “field patina” and are badges of honor :)

A working rifle is a rifle that you actually use, it may be the 22 LR you take to stay in practice or use to train your kids or grand kids, the 7X57MM you take out to hunt something for the pot, the 375 H&H you carry or the 500 Jeff you use for back up, the 12ga you use in bird season, they are all work rifles as long as you take them out the safe and hunt with them, irrespective of make or caliber.....if it stays in the safe it it is just a rifle, if it get used regularly it is a work rifle a tool bought and used to perform a task, if it cost 50 bucks or 200 000 bucks has nothing to do with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!