Woodleigh Factory Fire

No doubt it’s a rough time for the whole family. A few weeks to regroup and make decisions

If he decides this is a reasonable time to hang up, he’s got intellectual property and a name brand with some value. No reason not to sell that off to someone who wants to make a go of it, much like north fork did a few years ago.

but right now, it’s about attending to his wife and letting the dust settle.

It’s not just the void left by Woodleigh but it seems from every manufacturer.
Try buying powder!
Try buying Bullets - out of stock out of stock messages everywhere
Yet it seems manufacturers are working 24/7.

It’s not just the void left by Woodleigh but it seems from every manufacturer.
Try buying powder!
Try buying Bullets - out of stock out of stock messages everywhere
Yet it seems manufacturers are working 24/7.
Look at the proposed changes in Western Australia, no gun "tinkering. no "tuning", no reloading and maybe more ?

Very sorry to hear and so very tragic. Prayers for Geoff and his wife.

Can I forsee a demand arising? I'm pretty well set, but chasing some special items for a good mate.

I unashamedly bought the local gunshops out of .264 and .422 Woodleigh projectiles yesterday.

IMHO Woodleigh produced a quality product and did so at a very competitive price.

Sad news indeed and probably in the worst time period as well .
Hope they can recover

Well, perhaps if we put the word out we could get a big order together for them?

Very sad news indeed I am going to contact my agent here and buy some 375 and 458 bullets. I still have but just want to stock so I have rest of my life for hunting in case they never get going again.

Tragic happening, so sorry to hear, my prayers are with them. For sure they will be able to sell the IP and brand, I should think there will be plenty of interest.

Tragic happening, so sorry to hear, my prayers are with them. For sure they will be able to sell the IP and brand, I should think there will be plenty of interest.

I just bought 100 300 caliber Weldcore Woodleigh Bullets a few weeks ago.
I guess production will take a long time to recommence
I have about 40 Woodleigh hydros loaded for my 416.
Lucky for me I guess.
I think it would be a great gesture if all AH members and guests emailed Geoff to wish them well.
Email sent (y)
Geoff was very helpful with information regarding his projectiles whilst I was designing my wildcat.

image.jpg

Just received the last of the .410 400gr solids I have been able to find. If anyone wants to trade a couple of boxes of Solids for a couple of boxes of softs ….
PM me.

Sorry to read of this and hope that his wife recovers quickly. They certainly have some serious decisions to make going forward.

I received a response to an email I sent to the team @ Woodleigh. Hopefully at least this indicates Shirley is OK;

"Good evening team,

I am writing to pass on my condolences on hearing of your losses and injuries as a result of the fire.
I, like many many others around the world, have been very satisfied with the Woodleigh products and the friendly and helpful advice offered by Geoff. (Geoff's assistance with my wildcat cartridge design was greatly appreciated).

I sincerely hope you can all recover from this event with your health and return to good fortune. Be sure to reach out for assistance as required."

"Thanks for that Peter,
Will take a few months to assess and regroup.
Will keep updating progress on website home page.
Regards,
Shirley McDonald
PO Box 15
Murrabit
Vic 3579"

Hate to hear of this, I just acquired 3 boxes of their 7mm 175 Gr. Weldcore bullets from Midway a month or so back, they were the only heavy 7mm bullets I could find. They are a joy to reload and shoot in my 7x57mm...very lethal on feral hogs. I wish all them the best for their recovery and return to good fortune.

I am kinda sticked on my 375 H&H and 458 Lott for a good while but sure hope they get back up again fantastic bullet and quality easy to load and have been good on all game shot with them so far.
The double rifle owners with odd calibres would be struggling to find something better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!