Woodleigh Bullets - re-opening ?

To
The
Top!

Here is great news from the Woodleigh website. Great news for the hunting community and Australian manufacturing.

I also happen to know that @Tim Blackwell is currently hunting in Africa with @Mark R using Woodleigh Bullets.

Screenshot_20220816_110409.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news for the McDonald family!

I spoke to Geoff yesterday and he reckons he's about six months away from full start-up. Initial production will be along the lines of 9,3, .358, .375 and .338. He was confident that things would be back to normal pretty soon. Altogether, good news!

Production hasn't restarted but will relatively soon. First up is .375, and thereafter the more mainstream offerings. I doubt if FMJ's will be made soon again, and the same goes for many of the real oddballs.

Some of the machines have been refurbished and others are in the final stages of refurbishment, so the wheels should start to turn in anger in a month or two's time.

This is welcome news. Hornady are relatively available in SA too. What is needed is consistent supply of consustent bullets and cases, these little 'try me I am the best' pop-up companies are not it.

I think they had contracts with Norma or one of the big name companies. Hopefully this means there is a real need to continue producing the oddball stuff and the traditional bullets for those who need it.
Hopefully rebuilding means someone will want to buy the company and take it into the future giving the owners the satisfaction of leaving a legacy and recouping money from their investment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammie2072

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross