Woodleigh Bullets - re-opening ?

When I checked the Woodleigh website a few minutes ago, there was a popup that said they were still evaluating how long it would take to rebuild and get production going properly again. Tried to copy/paste it but it ended up closing the popup and I can't bring it back. Maybe someone else can have a look?

Surely if they were gone for good they'd put it on the site? Although according to some reddit stuff from November, people seemed to be under the impression Woodleigh had no plans to rebuild at all.
1643373635770.png

That's the badger.
It helps to be an IT nerd.

Easy to take screen captures on Windows 10 PCs these days.

Hold down <Windows Key> + <shift> + s, then use the mouse to capture the image you want to capture. Hold down the left mouse key, and drag it Left->Right and Top->Bottom. Once you lift your finger off the left mouse key, the snapshot is taken and auto-copied to the clipboard.

Last word I heard was they were slowly reopening - starting with some of the more popular bullets. Had also heard they had some support from Norma and Federal - which makes perfect sense to me. Woodleigh fills a very hard to fill niche with doubles.
There are LOTS of people praying for them to restart; I'm one of them. I believe Hydros may still be available ... but ...

Hold down <Windows Key> + <shift> + s, then use the mouse to capture the image you want to capture. Hold down the left mouse key, and drag it Left->Right and Top->Bottom. Once you lift your finger off the left mouse key, the snapshot is taken and auto-copied to the clipboard.

Errr what.... :E Fear: :E Confused::E Crazy Eyes::E Head Scratch:

Errr what.... :E Fear: :E Confused::E Crazy Eyes::E Head Scratch:
He left out a few steps. Namely, "stare at computer in mild perturbation", "cuss profusely in multiple languages at the computer", and "chuck a bottle at it".

There are LOTS of people praying for them to restart; I'm one of them. I believe Hydros may still be available ... but ...

I sure hope Woodleigh starts again. I bought 30 caliber bullets just before their fire. Great timing for me but wish I’d ordered other calibers too!

Gunshop

Searched for 416s

Only factory ammo at exorbitant price

I have a few factory cartridges and about 40 I think hand loaded (w Woodleigh hydros)
I wouldn't go believing the gun shop gossip around this town. Ive heard 6 different stories about Woodleigh bullets over the last month. Go on official advice from Woodleigh only.

That’s what I thought but gunshop says otherwise
Let’s hope Woodleigh is re-opening
@Dr Ray
Easy just give Geoff or Shirley a call and get it straight from the horses mouth.
Last I heard from Geoff (Dec 2021) he was still working it out.
Bob

@sgt zim
To do all that at once you need a minimum of 5 hands. Shit I have enough trouble typing and putting an attachment on without trying to follow anything hold down the widows key + the shift key, then the mouse. Hell I ran out of hands after the shift key so I'm stonkered

@Dr Ray
Easy just give Geoff or Shirley a call and get it straight from the horses mouth.
Last I heard from Geoff (Dec 2021) he was still working it out.
Bob
When I was at the gym earlier I thought "... has anyone actually ASKED?" Was going to do it myself once it was, y'know, not the middle of the night over there.

A few members including myself and Dr Ray, probably Bob too did email and received response some time back.
Things could have changed.
Hopefully with major companies relying on them for specific projectiles they might rebuild

A few members including myself and Dr Ray, probably Bob too did email and received response some time back.
Things could have changed.
Hopefully with major companies relying on them for specific projectiles they might rebuild
@CBH Australia
Chris I'm sure that with the amount of projectiles both federal and Norma need I can't see them letting it close as they stand to loose a heap of money in ammo sales. Maybe the two of them could joint venture to rebuild and train staff if that's what is needed.
Bob

@CBH Australia
Chris I'm sure that with the amount of projectiles both federal and Norma need I can't see them letting it close as they stand to loose a heap of money in ammo sales. Maybe the two of them could joint venture to rebuild and train staff if that's what is needed.
Bob
And keep it in Australia.
We have lost too much of our manufacturing to outsourcing labour.

It would be nice if the company and production is viable and can remain in Australia. Doing our bit for the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!