www.beingkarl.wordpress.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life member, Nature Conservancy, Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, United States, Louisiana
Had a few days before my buff hunt a few years back so toured around Bulawayo. Had the opportunity to hear a bit of Mr. Rhodes life and visit his tomb. Fascinating guy

BAD3D522-1221-492E-A735-4B251F6B7A84.jpeg
716A1EFF-CD9D-4D79-918E-63C3F5794CC8.jpeg
0A127253-A166-4D60-9F55-7A5F189ED1D5.jpeg
EB53F8A7-7CC3-48B3-A565-124D89F7B331.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a view

The deterioration of the country and countryside was clearly evident. Tragic and, I fear, permanent. Rhodes’ tomb and it’s history were both amazing and sad.

Very sorry for the loss of your farm. I know another whose family had theirs taken, too. So stupid, nearsighted, and self defeating.

The deterioration of the country and countryside was clearly evident. Tragic and, I fear, permanent. Rhodes’ tomb and it’s history were both amazing and sad.

Very sorry for the loss of your farm. I know another whose family had theirs taken, too. So stupid, nearsighted, and self defeating.
The farm is in the past along with a X wife, my life is better today without either. Of course the bank acct. Might say differently!

The land and Zim will recover not because of hope, but because of hard work!

If i have any extra time next month while we are transiting through Bulawayo, would be interesting to see. Thanks for posting the pics and also need to refresh my history.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 1.40.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 1.40.17 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
No, but I have stood next to Mary Livingstone’s grave in Mozambique and spent a day exploring the ruins of 32 Battalon’s main base camp (Buffalo Camp) in Northern Namibia. The latter is a haunted place.

Born and raised in the country, so been there a few times. Haven't been for a good while so your fotos brought back happy memories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross