Wonderful starter package for 2011 & 2012 this one includes taxidermy work!

LouisB

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI and PHASA
Hunted
South Africa and Zambia
Hi Ladies and Gentleman

Here is a package that we would like to share with all the fellow AH members this offer starts in October 2011 and is valid till October 2012.:p

Please note you have to be a minimum of 3 hunters to take advantage of this offer. This offer is open to both rifle and bow hunters.

Each package is quoted per person.

Price: $4000

Package includes:

2 Traveling day’s
7 Full Hunting day’s hunting 2X1 with their PH
1 Blue Wildebeest
1 Impala
1 Warthog

The above rates include the following:
• The full use of all facilities in the camp such as the swimming pool and satellite television
• A daily laundry service is also available at no extra cost
• Full catering: early morning coffee & rusks, brunch, snacks, dinner, all soft drinks and alcoholic beverages in moderation
• Hunting: a fully licensed Professional Hunter, trackers, skinners, all camp staff, transport to and from blinds, picking up of trophies, field preparation of any game taken and transportation of trophies to shipping company
• Transport by vehicle from Johannesburg International Airport
• Taxidermy work

The above rates excludes the following:
• Accommodations prior to and after safari
• Transport by vehicle between other Hunting Provinces
• Rifle hire - per Rifle per day (includes ammunition)
• Gratuities
• Shipping of trophies to final destination

This Package also includes taxidermy work listed below:

1x Impala shoulder mount
1x Blue Wildebeest shoulder mount
1x Warthog shoulder mount

This is a wonderful opportunity to bring some friends with or do a family safari in Africa.

The taxidermist will drive up to meet each client at our lodge in person so you know with whom you are working.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Louis

This is a great package for a group of hunters...

The question that will be asked by other is how many of these packages are available..

Hi James

Thank you for the compliment it is appreciated!

James I would like to sell 3-4 of these group hunts from October 2011- October 2012.

Clients are more than welcome to add additional animals as per price list but under no obligation at all.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

That is a great package. Considering in includes daily rates, trophy fees and taxidermy. That's awesome.

Wow, that is a good deal! Have to talk to my buddies...

Just got back from hunting with Louis and Spiral Horn for 7 days---all I can say is WOW he does a great job! Anyone looking for a good hunt at a great price should take a very hard look at this!

I have hunted 2 times with Louis-- he is well worth the price he puts on his hunts. I will hunt with Louis again--my hunt report is soon to come!

Ed

Hi 505ED

What caliber did you use? I am hunting with Louis in one month and I will use my 9,3x62 I hope it work fine in that thick bush...

Nsok,

The bushveld is thick no doubt and makes shooting difficult, but the 9.3x62 should work great! I used a Sauer in a 9.3x62 last year with 286 TSX bullets--I had no problems-- it wizzed thru my Zebra! here is a pic!

szebra.jpg

I used my 30-06 Blaser R8 this year for most of my stuff--Gemsbok,Blue Wildebeast..ect--but I used the 416 Rigby for the Giraffe! Here is a pic of the Giraffe this year!

374k.jpg

412a.jpg

Attachments

• szebra.jpg
    szebra.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 412a.jpg
    412a.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 98
  • 374k.jpg
    374k.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 127
It seems you had a great time both last year and this one as well! So, you confirm that there is a very thick bush...
I was thinking of using TSX 250 grs but I get better groups with Swift A Frame 250 grs

Nsok,

Had a great hunt, Louis is a top notch host, he is young, energetic, and a super PH. Yes the bush is thick..and will humble you sometimes. I missed a chance at a 31+ in waterbuck because I could not see it thru the bush..but that is how hunting goes.

I think 250's would work great. My wife used and 257 wby mag and it did fine on impala and Kudu--and thats was a 100 grain hornady bullet.

If you are shooting Eland or Giraffe... 9.3, .375 or .416 please.... Have fun and take plenty of pic's....

Thank you 505ED,

I have been twice in SA, one in Limpopo and another in Eastern Cape and I know thick bush is quite complicated for our humble sight.

Not Giraffe but Eland is one of my options

Be sure I will take lots of pictures. Can not wait!

sounds like a great deal from a great outfitter I'll have to keep this one in mind.

Thanks to all the AH members for the positive comments and interest!:)

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions?

Best regards
Louis van Bergen

Thanks to all the AH members for the positive comments and interest!:)

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions?

Best regards
Louis van Bergen

Louis this one really is a great deal a lot of hunts say good deal but I did my math on this one with a savings over $2000 per hunter makes me wish that I hadn't taken these animals already.

Bobpuckett

May i ask you a question, If you go deer hunting and shoot a deer does that mean you will never go after a deer again?...

Now using you analogy if you go prairie dog hunting and shoot one prairie dog does that mean you will never shoot another?

Louis has put together a great package for a group of hunters...be it brother - brother's or friends or even grand parent - grand children this is a very good opportunity for anyone.

We have had for the past few month of forum posters looking for a bargain or great deal...

Well this is a great deal...

Louis this one really is a great deal a lot of hunts say good deal but I did my math on this one with a savings over $2000 per hunter makes me wish that I hadn't taken these animals already.

Last edited:
Bobpuckett

May i ask you a question, If you go deer hunting and shoot a deer does that mean you will never go after a deer again?...

Now using you analogy if you go prairie dog hunting and shoot one prairie dog does that mean you will never shoot another?

Louis has put together a great package for a group of hunters...be it brother - brother's or friends or even grand parent - grand children this is a very good opportunity for anyone.

We have had for the past few month of forum posters looking for a bargain or great deal...

Well this is a great deal...

Good point James But I live where I can hunt deer and prairie dogs all the time with just a little travel however I don't live where I can hunt African Antelope all the time therefore as for me I would rather hunt the ones there that I haven't taken then to keep traveling there to take the same thing over and over. Once I have taken all the plains game that I can before I die then I will start the list over looking for bigger ones, thats not saying that if on a hunt and a bigger one then the one I already have shows its self that I wouldn't take it but that wouldn't have been the main animals on my list. Hope that answers the question as it apply's to me. Bob

Hi Bobpuckket

Thank you for the complement and yes it is a very good opportunity.

If I can help you with any other species please don’t hesitate to contact me and I can do a custom made safari for you, we can even work the taxidermy in for you and do it all incl?

Thank you James for pointing out yet again that this is a great deal, I do appreciate it!

Folks here are some video clips of past hunt:

Kudu hunted last week:
Hunting Kudu Video

Blue Wildebeest:
Hunting Blue Wildebeest Video

Gemsbuck:
Hunting Gemsbuck Video

Giraffe:
Hunting Giraffe Video

Roan Antelope:
Hunting Roan Video

Nyala:
Hunting Nyala Video

Hunting with Spiral Horn Safaris:
Hunting in South Africa at Spiral Horn Safaris Video

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Louis

You are running a top class outfit.

I enjoyed watching those videos ! Good luck with the hunting. Nice to see kudu videos , gets my adrenalin pumping .

Those kudu might not give you a second chance , you have to take the the shot even if it's not a 100% the shot you wanted . I see you also got some frost this winter. The winter comes quickly and changes the veld .

All the best

Louis, nice videos, nice animals and... excellent shots! Congratulations!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross