Women as Professional Hunters; What's with that?

Bluey, Africa does not take kind to woman, like everywhere else in the world they are seen as soft targets. To each his own, I agree to disagree. I am just not banking on a female PH to hunt with me ever.

One hard and fair one is Jaques Greeff at Eastern Cape Academy of PH, he will never let anyone pass the school if he/she is the slightest unprofessional.

Gordon, I did my course through Uncle Jacques, hard man, but fair. Failed a few guys and girls on my course. Two things he hates are PH's with Jack Russels and Oakley sunglasses:D those are besides his general intolerance for unprofessional conduct and wise asses;)

Next time I go to Africa to hunt, I think I will demand from the outfitter that I will have a female PH.
I am sure I will have a great hunt.
Even if she doesn't look like a supermodel, as it sounds from a few in this thread that keeping you warm at night is what women are good for besides cooking and cleaning.

Yes for sure Jacques if from the old time, if he don't like a person he can for sure show that... Know him for years and respect him !! Do you know that he never ever take a client for hunting during a Sunday ? Then you probably also know Quintus from NC in Grahamstown, super straight and hard, will not give anyone a chance to pass the General Knowledge for even 74,9 % when it should be 75 % !!:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Gordon, many of us still won't hunt on a Sunday, says so in my client info sheet.
Don't know the other fellow,but respect his old school ways!!

I never come across the "sunday" problem when clients pay for 5/7/10/14/21 days it is what we deliver, for Jacques it's not a religious issue, it's that things was going bad time after time when he hunting with clients during Sundays...

I know he also refused to leave camp with a client one day, the same client that kept slamming a round in the chamber ever time he got on the back of the Cruiser, got to respect a man who sticks to his guns:)

ha ha bha mate I don't know what it is that terrifies you so much , that a woman can be succsessfull of anything .gordo
if a woman cant be a P.H why let them do the schooling ,and apprenticeship .

ive been accussed of being homo phobic.
but your coming across as shielaphobic , mate

if a woman can earn her keep , as anything that us blokes can , good for her

you keep talking but nothing is coming out mate ...........

earlier on you spoke about how she was going to carry out an injured hunter ......how many miles have you carried out an injured hunter , and how often , mate really
the lady that will be my p.h is PATSY HAHN, I have every reason to believe she is a share holder in takerri.
she obviously earned her share , why the bloody hell shouldn't she P.H there , gordo .
FFS shes done her schooling and obviously proven herself ,
half the the population is female , mate , they aren't going to go away
in fact if they wanted to they up set the balance of power near anywhere.
you say that the indigenous peoples of Africa have no respect for them , respect is earned gordo , not demanded

ive said to my self a couple of times now that im done with this thread , but bugger me gordo ,
your chauverism casnt be ignored , mate you crack me up bud ...
im going to play your game ........

Hi Bluey
i am not one to have the time to read all the previous posts - some of us have hunting to arrange and do! but thanks for your support and i am looking forward to hunting with you later this year! I am confident that your post hunting report will clarify a few of the mentioned issues!!! Some people have some valid points but others are total hogwash and I firmly believe that you cannot generalize a PH by sex but rather by each person character and experience in ALL of the related areas that make up one's hunt.
cheers
PATSY HAHN

gday mate .
did you catch any fish the other weekend?

gday mate .
did you catch any fish the other weekend?
had a fantastic weekend fishing - landed 8 decent ones and now gearing up for the RIVER LURE - held down river from us but fishing along our banks so should be great fun!

good stuff , I just caught a few this arvo to ....
seeing many crocs ?

Next time I go to Africa to hunt, I think I will demand from the outfitter that I will have a female PH.
I am sure I will have a great hunt.
Even if she doesn't look like a supermodel, as it sounds from a few in this thread that keeping you warm at night is what women are good for besides cooking and cleaning.

hi - i like the way you think!
patsy hahn - PH in Zambia

Patsy, I hear bluey has been recording dogs barking at night for attracting the crocs....:ROFLMAO::cry:

AND
Patsy, I hear bluey has been recording dogs barking at night for attracting the crocs....:ROFLMAO::cry:[

ha ha!! well seeing as I have lost 3 dogs to the crocs in the last two years it may be a cunning plan!! i am just a tad worried his recordings might have that aussie twang and these crocs are used to the zambian accent!!

Better get a few mongrels from the local village..

he is referring to a joke we had last night , patsy
I will tell you about it later ...

Bluey, just make sure the dog doesn't bite you..

cant wait for Bluey to get here - going to be a lot of humour as well as hunting !!! will be an exciting croc hunt i am sure - most certainly one of my favorite things to go after!

ha ha ha youre a cheeky mongrel ,mate

I nearly said make sure the "bitch" doesn't bite you....but dog was more appropiate...:LOL::LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg