Woman shot after allegedly being mistaken for hippo

What's a typical trophy fee for a two-legged hippo? Asking for a friend...

Those are called dependapotumus… you can typically find them foraging around military installations…

Outfitters will usually sell them for 50% of your retirement and access to your health insurance… :)

Image1701236158.697385.jpg

I initially checked out this thread to see how any hunter could be so stupid as to not properly identify their target before pulling the trigger and then make a lame excuse about it. Reading the article indicates that the shooting is something to do with racial tensions and the excuse given is just BS. Not too sure if those making the sexists, racist and weight related jokes about it would think it was funny if they were the victim. By the way the article did not mention the ladies build, the jokers just made assumptions.

Last edited:
Let’s suppose the headline read like this.

African poacher shoot American hunters wife, claimed he thought she was a hippo.
Bail granted.

I have to admit I smiled about it when I read about, then I thought shame on me.

Lon

I'm thinking that white farmer was maybe hoping someone wouldn't post the cheap bail. He's probably safer in jail than sent home to a remote farm where all the guns have been removed. Well ... okay ... I forget we're talking South African jail. Point being the hunting season may have just opened for this fella. "Sorry your honor, I thought he was a paper target."

I would also be very worried for his family and workers. At 77 no matter how you look at it his life is finished

Lon

From the information presented in the article, it seems that shots were fired in the direction of the woman and her companion who were fishing on the farm owned by the shooter.

“The arrested suspect alleged that he was shooting at the animals”

Linah, 38, sustained gun shot wounds on her arm, while her partner “managed to hide” before informing police and emergency services, police said.

The accused “is the owner of the farm where the incident occurred”

What does that sound like to you? To me, based on the limited and unverified information we have, the farm owner was likely trying to scare the woman from fishing on his farm. Unfortunately, a shot or at least a stone kicked up by a shot struck and injured the fishing woman. Clearly a case of play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Last edited:
Well, I am shocked...my own wife's first reaction to the title of this post was to laugh! Feel a bit vindicated by that though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg